1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nafets47

Nafets47 Well-Known Member

I got a pair off ebay that were pretty damn good for the price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S9-Gym-Spor...hash=item33c28e917d:m:moxpHlNF-O4MJuHeTemsZwQ

Distance was about 20ft unimpaired before it got choppy. Didn't notice any problem with my ipod in my pocket or anything. However they did randomly break one day, got about 3-4 months out of them.

I now use the Bragi Dash and it is fantastic for listening to music, not cheap by any means but unmatched by anything else. I mean you can swim with your headphones on and they have 4gb or 8gb (dont remember right now) of storage on them independent of my phone.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Yea, lower than 200 a concern for sure.

3. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Definitely fair mate, you don't have to convince any of us either way anyway, we're only dudes on the internet.

Frankly I'm just playing contrarian a little because it is my general opinion that the US doctors seem to over-prescribe for some of these things, but that's another story. Just hope you and your doctor make sure it's the right diagnosis and the right treatment option. Good luck.

4. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

These are somewhat anecdotal, not totally scientific factors that you could possibly look at changing up to see if you get any results:

- BPAs; if you eat a lot of canned tuna, for example, it's particularly high in BPA. It's not crazily bad for you or anything but there's some (weak) evidence that it might be contributing to estrogenic activity in humans.

- Dairy - particularly with your high cholesterol you might look at replacing your dairy products with things like soy milk. Dairy in some cases has been shown to have an estrogenic effect, but this is debatable. And in general look to replace your fat sources with nuts and seeds.

- iodine, zinc, selenium. You can try vitamins or eat a handful of brazil nuts, sunflower seeds and maybe some oysters occasionally.

- antidepressents - there's no scientific evidence that these influence T but I've heard heaps of anecdotal evidence. I don't know what your medication is or if it'd be wise to change it up.

- Eat lots of broccoli and green vegetables. Some sketchy evidence that it may counteract estrogens. But frankly they're just good for you so no harm in upping them even if it has no effect.

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Keep us updated. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  6. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

This works great for me

[​IMG]

7. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

It's ECY and monitoring BP season