1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

been slacking in nov/dec, lost a lot of noob gains, now I have to get it back in Jan when the gym is the most crowded. Ashamed to wear my romaleos when I can't even do 1.5x bw.

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I'm not a phd student, so I'd totally give the dicking to other phd students. We don't have undergrads on our campus. There are other undergrads in the city, but i'm on the verge of being too old for that shit and also not having the time to figure out which bars undergrads hang out at.

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

dreading the gym in january. going to make my workouts so much longer

3 people like this.
  4. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

My gym was busy yesterday, surprisingly. Lots of regulars though. Gonna be worse in a few days with all the novices.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  5. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

I wanna hear more about that malbec cocktail

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Has it been around long? It was actually one of those sponsored ad things on fb.

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Yea, I first had it at least a year ago. It's the best of the low carb, high protein ice creams that I've had — much better than Arctic Zero and Wink desserts.

9. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  10. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

11. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Is it all you can eat /drink at that price? Looks like a good place to be for the evening, too bad I've left NYC already.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Supppppppppppp. Long time RHET. Been dieting pretty well but haven't been working out as I've been out of town. Heading back tomorrow to get my workout routine back on track while I prep for interviews. I think with my diet on lock I'll be able to make a lot of progress over the next month, but we'll see.

I'm looking for a personal trainer for my mom to work with in Tampa, and have no idea how to go about finding one. I don't live there and don't know anyone there that could make a recommendation. Particularly looking for someone that's used to working with older people, minor health issues and with someone that fears being pushed too hard. Any ideas how to go about finding someone?

13. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

what kind of high smoke point cooking oil is the healthiest? There seems to be two opposing camps that advocate for either saturated fat/coconut oil vs. unsaturated/vegetable oils. I hate looking up stuff on nutritution as it seems like a shitshow science with no credibility.

14. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Saturated fat is bad for you.

Canola oil covers your bases. Iirc it's fine at high temps. Just don't use olive oil at high temps obviously.

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Just don't use oil and no need to worry about it. I water saute

16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Shes afraid the trainers are trying to kill her or what? I mean, it's SUPPOSED to be hard.

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

She's had an experience where a dumbass trainer pushed her too hard and it led to a reinjury so she is worried about that sort of thing. Which is tough to address because there's obviously good pain and bad pain and she's not experienced enough to know the difference, so I'd have to find a trainer that knows and can explain it all to her. For example she's had knee pain and if she starts working out she'll have knee pain, but needs someone that can tell the difference between unavoidable pain that's a part of the process and pain that's going to lead to knee problems.

Basically I need to find a good trainer, and that's hard to do without a recommendation and without being down there to vet them given how anyone can get a certificate and claim to be one.

18. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

Can't you look online and then judge by recommendations/their training philosophy if they have a website? Perhaps if they have a background in physiotherapy, it's probably a fairly safe choice. Then you can always ask to take a look at your mother's program and see if's good.

19. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Anyone any first hand advice on how long to lay off the lifting post vasectomy? I'm reading anything between 1 and 4 weeks!

20. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

first time training after new years, not a one NYR faggot in sight.