1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Honestly I would probably do upper/lower/upper if I could only train 3 days.
    Or push/pull/push (legs on push).
    But I prefer volume and hypertrophy, if I was just in it strength and health then something like 5/3/1 with more volume would be better. Like, I would do a bench, squat and pull variation every session and then finish with some hypertrophy stuff, like

Squat, DB Bench, pull throughs - back/bi's hypertrophy
    F Squat, BB Bench, Sumo - chest/shoulders/tris hypertrophy
    Bulg split squats, CG Bench, Floor deads - Leg hypertrophy

and the hypertrophy stuff wouldn't have to be a ton, just a lot of reps:
    back/bis = pullups and curls
    chest/shldr/tri = band flys, laterals, dips
    Legs = walking lunges, some kind of hams

for example. Maybe drop only deadlift 2x per week and replace the third pull with pullups.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I am gonna do a 3 day split once I get back to bulking, but it's too complicated to explain.

Code:
    SxR     Tuesday     Thursday    Saturday
    3x6 A   Bench       S Press     Deadlifts
    3x6 B   Chins       Squats      L Rows
    3x10 A  U Rows      Bench       S Press
    3x10 B  F Squats    U Rows      L Rows
    3x10 C  H Curls     Chins       Chins
    3x10 D  CG Bench    H Curls     H Curls
    Acc A   TPD         TPD         L Raises
    Acc B   Curls       Calves      Curls
    Hit all my upper compounds 3x, lower compounds 2x, accessories 2x. I will probably replace deadlifts with more bench though. Plus this will give me enough time to do some cardio. Probably do a long bike ride Sunday.

*EDIT* Everything is super setted. Shit would take like 2 hours otherwise, I see this taking like 1 hour start to finish.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

4. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

That's.... unexpected

5. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

I need to date her... allows you tell everybody "bro, my girlfriend lifts more than you!".

My diet is going... not that good. Kinda. Still 2kg too much for sixpack abs and only 2 weeks left, I'll do IF with LowCarb at once. Water weight counts, after all I'll be at the beach so it's only about looks. On the other hand I ate more ice cream and chocolate lately than in a long time. Lost my female bestie for starting dating someone. Makes me want to eat even more ice cream. And the girl I'm dating will move away (as in another continent away) for grad school next year probably. I'm not going to think about that or I'll need more chocolate too.
    I feel like I'm screwing up... in 12 months time I'll be lonely, without my friend and out of shape... and this job will be gone too because we'll get anoher re-organisation.

But increased my 1RM on deadlift again. At least something.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Hitting 170's made my motivation skyrocket. Going to the gym to do cardio today, might just start doing 30 mins cardio every day. Diet is on point. I've been starting to gook more, we moved into a one bedroom so have a ton more counter space to actually cook. It's incredible what a couple extra square feet of counter space can do to motivate you to cook. Might try making my own pasta this weekend and freezing some, we'll see how it goes.

Getting lunch in a bit with a candidate that might replace me at my job when I leave. Really really awkward feeling haha. Also biased against it because I want them to keep me on to work remotely for the pay, but I'm going to try to keep an open mind. Doesn't seem like a good fit objectively speaking but he's a nice kid.

7. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

RHET just saw a women get set on fire outside my flat was brutal, pretty sure she's dead now. Heard screaming, didn't think anything of it, heard it for like half a minute, look outside and some womens on fire running around, some guy put her out with a blanket after a while and then she ambulance came after a bit and she was screaming for fucking ages. They wrapped her up in some shit and took her away. Have pics, but not sure if rhet appropriate

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

@Szeph el raton in pretty much the same boat right now. Stims and a good training session are pretty much what's getting me through. If I make it to the gym

@fujiwhat the fuck

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Dafaq?! Where do you live, bro?

10. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

11. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

shouldn't laugh but I did, hope she died a martyr instead of from some tremendously stupid accident.

12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Not one of those horrible honour killings I hope. Aren't you in London?

13. Szeph el raton

True. Gym works against anything. For the first time I had too much stim though... VPX Meltdown + VPX WhiteHeat + PES whatever the thing with Forskolin is on empty stomach = massive puking. Still made it through the whole workout. Somehow I can't take Forskolin on an empty stomach.

Fuji Is that, like, the bronx of London where you stay? Sounds scary as fuck for a village guy like me, all I see is ferrets fucking.

Going to see the Swiss national day fireworks today and will be the +1 at some embassy celebration tomorrow. Time to pretend adult. :slayer:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Sorry you had to see that happen. Spare us the pics, brah.

Sadly, earlier this week a man set his wife on fire here in Indianapolis. She's still alive, barely. He then took off going the wrong way on the interstate. Hit a semi head on, and, ironically, his car exploded and the man burned to death. Got what he deserved.

Can't believe people can be so cruel. :(

1 person likes this.
  15. Szeph el raton

Unfortunately I think there's nothing so cruel or despisable that man wouldn't do it.

16. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Live in a really nice part of London actually, not even a residential district, kind of like the financial district in NY so no idea why this was happening in front of my flat. Maybe she somehow set herself on fire, but not sure how that would really happen outside. Most grim bit is when I walked outside today I walked over where she was on fire and the ground was all sticky.

nah I live like next to john maynard keynes and virgina wolfs houses haha.

17. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

What kind of tees have you guys been having luck with? I have a couple Uniqlo ones that VLSI (does he still post here) kindly donated my way some time ago, but despite all being tagged size L, they all fit wildly different.

Is there a tee that:

- Is cheap (~30?)
    - Has raglan sleeves or wider shoulder seam
    - Longer, hits mid-ass point instead of sitting on the hips
    - Not high enough armholes / slim sleeves to be a complete bro-shirt, but also not low-enough armholes / wide sleeves to be a WalMart special
    - Decent neckline; e.g. crewneck is fine as long as it doesn't choke me, v-neck is fine as long as it isn't going full Eason, etc.

Despite being pretty DYEL these days I still have decently broad enough shoulders, so tag size L usually sits nicely on my shoulders but otherwise looks like ass. Size M either looks like a full-on broshirt or is too short.

Does such a tee exist?

18. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Velva-Sheen or Gustin. Both fit pretty well, bit longer than the usual and good quality

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Bread and boxers "relaxed" or "loose" fit are pretty money. I'm 6'2" and the XL hits mid-ass, sleeves are lower bicep, neckline is looser, raw hem lines, $28 msrp.they also have a standard fit which is still supposed to be longer, just has a regular crew neck and finished hems but I haven't tried them.

20. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Old navy tall slim fit long sleeve. Been wearing for 4 or 5 years, great shirts. Have disproportionate delts and they fit find and are long enough on me at 6'3"/