1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Stretch medium rise chinos pls.

2. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

No chinos ever kthanks.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Yea, chinos so middle management. And goodluck finding something which doesn't have giant pocket flare.

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

What are people doing for non suit/non denim pants then? I bought some V Ave pants from Charly... they are chinos with a weird but good cut, roomy crotch with a taper. Something between those and middle management Dockers chinos would be nice.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Epaulet rivet chinos

6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Epaulet Walts fit me well after some waistband manipulation

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Internet medical brahs - Is Prednisone seriously as bad as people make it out to be in terms of side effects?
    I just got prescribed 10mg 4 x daily (for 4 days then tapered to 3x daily for 4 days, 2 x and then once a day for a final 4 days).
    I've never taken it before but my wife had a tapered dose like this (although her initial does was only 20mg daily) and hated it, and she was definitely weird while she was on it.
    Doctor presecribed it for a rash that I developed, apparently I have strep and it's presenting as a rash all over my abs, ribs, chest and now upper arms. Also gave me amoxycillin. I'm guessing the amox is supposed to kill the strep if and the prednisone is to take care of the rash. My only issue is that rash isn't painful or itchy or anything, I mean it sucks but if I'm wearing a shirt you can't see it and it's not causing discomfort so if prednisone is going to fuck with my sleep and my sanity is it worth taking for a rash if the antibiotics are going to kill the cause of the rash anyway?

8. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Stay the fuck away from corticosteroids. They are fucking awful.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Less than two weeks of low-dose prednisone with a taper is unlikely to cause you any problems. Some people do feel weird on it, but the majority don't.

2 people like this.
  10. OccultaVexillum

40mg for the first 4 days is still low dose (not rhetorical, I don't know)?

I mean I'm not opposed to taking it, the only reason I question it is because it seems like sides would be worse than a non-eventful rash, and this is the first time I've ever seen this doctor so I have no trust built with her (I don't have a regular doctor in the US and haven't actually been to the doctor since I had to get a physical for my green card 5 years ago).
    But if it an initial 40mg/day dose considered low and short-term then I'll take it no probs.
    My only exposure to corticosteroids was an injection into my shoulder socket for a SLAP tear and it didn't do shit.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Well 40 for only 4 days isn't really that much. We'll do 60 for longer periods of time for many conditions. It's more the duration and frequency of therapy that leads to side effects than the actual initial dose. The specific regimens and tapers are usually up to physician experience and how bad your rash looks.

1 person likes this.
  12. OccultaVexillum

Alright, thanks. I'll follow dr orders then.

13. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Well-Known Member

Doc said he thinks I have a medial meniscus tear. Gotta get that MRI next week. Good news - no knee cancer.

14. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

damn. i'm really sorry to hear that. does he think you'll have to have surgery?

there's a huge number of people that are into bodybuilding, powerlifting, and olympic lifting (teams for the latter two train here) at my gym and i'm really happy about it. i think the founder was a bodybuilder himself. i love being able to ask most anybody for a spot and they don't touch the bar and yell at me and call me a pussy if i need help. otherwise really nice dudes and don't do that awkward thing where they critique your technique but will occasionally compliment you when you're doing something right. they're also really willing to help fix things you do wrong if you ask nicely.

there's a few girls who are either super ripped and/or lift more weights than me which is pretty damn awesome. and the few fat people who are always here makes me happy cuz they're literally (but not literally) always here working their asses off. also love that there's like 6 platforms and 3 squat racks

1 person likes this.
  15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

That is awesome!

Benched 290 tonight. Felt actually pretty easy. Getting closer to my goal of 300! Maybe in a month or so?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Great vid

2 people like this.
  17. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Chris Duffin seems like an overall great dude. And he's pretty jacked and tan too :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  18. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Throat still aches somewhat. Weird because one day when I was sick my thyroid was super sensitive and felt like a bruise or a pulled muscle if I pushed on it or looked up, but the doc said he didn't feel anything and that it's probably just something that will go away, and that if I want to take some blood samples he could but didn't think it'd be really worth it. Gonna try to wait it out I think.

I told the insurance company I'm on the board of that I'm leaving, and I don't think they'll care. So far so good. Also just posted our first quarterly profit in the org's history, so it's a great time to be a board member haha.

19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Cut update: finally hit 160 this morning. Want to torch two small pockets of fat on my hips that only I notice. Otherwise, I've basically hit my goal.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

To distract us all from the fact that GN already has abs 5 weeks out from the contest while we don't...

I need a cheat day or I'll go loco. So Saturday shall be the piggening, the eat-a-palooza of carbs... what I have so far is dinner which will be self-made fajitas with that deadly instant fajita spice (18g carbs in 30g spice) and late night snack will be 250g Ben&Jerry's (probably Chunky Monkey).

Originally lunch was going to be tuna, cheese and cucumber but if I go potato, I can just as well go full potato. I have evaluated what are the best fast food posibilities around here. Local Burger joint has BBQ Burger (180g beef, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce) or Guacamole Burger (180g beef, lettuce, tomato, jalapeños, bacon, guacamole). I might even go double beef :bounce2:

This better be good. I'll have like 5 or 6 times as much carbs as on other days and will also go 200 - 500 kcal over my normal food level. I'm not sure my stomach will survive it.

Sunday has then 7g carbs according to current food plan... aaarrgghhh.