1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I don't remember, but their relationship lasted about as long as DMX's acting career.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    4 people like this.
  3. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Prepare to have your feet washed by your future father in law

4. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

They might steal your shoes, too (0).

1 person likes this.
  5. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Idk I've almost always been friends with exes and fairly close. If I liked them enough to date them but it didnt work out then they probably were friend material in the first place.

Maybe im just a weirdo, seems it :|

6. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

I've pretty much never been in a relationship with a girl that I was friends with first. I guess I just put people in the friend zone...I can stay friends with girls I've just had flings with. But not really someone I've been in a serious relationship with.

Just too many memories. Plus, I don't really trust myself not to have sex with them again. And then emotions etc.

7. Benesyed

I'm just glad to hear it's common to just move apart. I thought I had messed up horribly or something. I just don't get how because you courant be a couple all the things you liked and shared go away

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

It's not that all the things you liked and shared went away, it's that most of the time, someone either still has romantic feelings for the other person or harbors resentment for the breakup. It's hard to be friends with someone that carries that strong of an emotion toward you, or hard to be friends with someone when you have that strong of a feeling toward them. Eventually even if you're cordial, something's gonna give, and it'll either be a big explosion or something very awkward.

Drifting apart is honestly probably healthy. You just ended a pretty significant part of your life, it's necessary to mourn that loss. That is hard to do when you see the other half of the relationship all the time.

9. Benesyed

You guys are right. I might be upset in a different way if we tried to stay close.

It hasn't been that much time

On a less negative note, congrats TK

1 person likes this.
  10. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I mean, unless you're really well adjusted, you're probably going to feel shitty for at least a bit when your ex finally moves on, even if you think you've moved past it. I knew ending my last relationship was the right thing to do, but I still felt blindsided when she told me a couple of months later that she was seeing this guy. I knew the relationship hadn't benefited either of us for a very long time, but I still cared very much for her, so knowing she was entering that intoxicating new relationship phase stung. But people move on at different paces. I feel I'm close to being ready to meet someone new, but first I had to take some time for myself and also evaluate the relationship and my role in its demise.

Also, there's the issue hendrix mentioned. Getting back with her would be a mistake for both of us, but I'd be lying if I said I would reject one more roll in the hay. Despite everything, we had a pretty strong physical chemistry, so I don't know if I'd trust myself around her for extended periods of time.

1 person likes this.
  11. Benesyed

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Yea I took my first breakup really badly. If you have the means to distract yourself with work and friends and shit do that. I didn't which was what made it rough. Ultimately you will recover, shit's just raw right now.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

^^ If you can find anyone you at all are interested in. I slept with a random person a couple of times within weeks after my most recent breakup, sex was nice but it didnt give me anything in terms of emotional comfort. I.e i only think it works when you are sort of over the person already, allowing you to be interested/attracted to someone else.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Whenever I fuck less attractive randoms after a relationship ends I always feel a bit shit after because it's like what am I fucking? Fucked some grim shit this year after my break up, did sleep with my first black girl though. Possibly first asian male in history to sleep with a black girl.

2 people like this.
  16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!

17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Under? You mean behind?

1 person likes this.
  18. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

One of my lecturers seemed really interested in the research and results for my masters thesis.
    Said he wanted to have a closer look at the data and then asked if I want to try to get it published. He has a tendency to talk a lot, but getting published would be pretty great since I don't think my grades are good enough by themselves to get accepted to phd studies.

2 people like this.
  19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

do it. its something you can definitely talk about in interviews/ looks great on a resume.

1 person likes this.
  20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Woah, thumb comments are gone again?

3 people like this.