1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Yeah mine do. Compression shorts and high rise pants.

I think I might need to add more front squats and leg extension stuff because my inner thighs are getting way bigger than the rest of my quads and it looks a bit weird.

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I'm 5'10" King Manlet Master Race

No idea what my 5RMs would be but lately I've been repping 275 on bench, 405 on squat, and 465 on deadlift for my working sets.

6 people like this.
  3. Dar FTW

Dar FTW Well-Known Member

nyu has 3 free gyms, why would you pay 100+/mo especially when you're taking on student debt?

1 person likes this.
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Fuarkkk

5. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

<3

Thanks. That agile 8 routine was exactly what i was looking for

6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Well, they say bad things come in 3s, so you're due for a win. (Stats bros dont kill me)

1 person likes this.
  7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Damn, what rep range are you moving those weights at? Strong, srs

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Almost 1000 pound club on two exercises? Damn.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  9. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

That pic somehow triggered my brain to getting stuck on needing a leather jacket. I'm a suit & tie kinda guy but I think I need more/better casual clothes. My wide hips destroyed my hunt for a nice, long T so far... and I'm not going to buy Rick Owens boots for the ultimate goth ninja look because I'm too poor.

While it gets harder and harder to find pants, in general casual clothes look way better on my now than when I was chubby.

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Leather jackets are really all you need for casual clothes. I have 2 and i'm kind of itching for a bomber.

And instead of rick owens you can just buy regular military surplus boots.

11. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Don't do the friends thing for a while. It doesn't really work, even if the split was amicable. You both just need time to move on and genuinely get over any romantic feelings that may be lingering. Really, the best way to do that is avoid being friends for now and just giving each other space and be in the dark about what the other is doing. It's better that you're not privy to details about each others' lives.

I'm pretty good friends with my one ex now, but it took a couple of years to really get there. That included a few periods of no contact and then me meeting my most recent ex. I can genuinely be happy for her now, whereas it was something of a facade for a couple of years after the relationship ended.

I'm still in occasional contact with my most recent ex, but that's only because I decided I wanted to still see her kids once or twice a week. Communication aside from that is minimal. We're friendly and she holds no resentment about the expired relationship (probably mostly because she's got this new one to help distract her), but I still think it'll be a long time before we're both in a place where we are sincerely happy for each other where romantic pursuits are concerned.

tl;dr it takes time to make the transition from bf/gf to friends, unless you're a sociopath.

2 people like this.
  12. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Between 3-6, depending on how tired I am. Obvs as I keep dieting it's getting harder and harder. Yesterday 275x5 on bench almost pinned me.

This is a slower cut than my previous ones, so the stength losses have been more manageable...but they still suck lol.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

tbh I have no idea why anyone would want to be friends with their exes(beyond just being casually friendly towards each other). What are you wanting to do...hang out or something?

1 person likes this.
  14. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Began fucking my ex again from when I was like 15-19 like last september, which is a good reason to be friends.

2 people like this.
  15. APK

APK Well-Known Member

It usually doesn't work. In most cases, the best you can probably hope for is to be friendly with them. It's not always true, but I've usually thought if you could be great friends, you probably would still be together.

In my situation, the one ex moved to NYC to pursue a career in publishing. We hadn't been together a long time when we split, but it had moved quickly and we were tentatively making plans for the future. It was by far the shortest relationship I've ever had - less than a year - but she remains the only person that I ever thought, "I could marry this girl" about. Once I was finally over the relationship or any ideas of us ever getting back together, I was able to, and wanted to be friends. I have a huge amount of respect for her and she's always a fun conversation. Contrast that with my first serious "adult" relationship; we were together close to four years, but I haven't talked to her in eight years, probably never will again, and I'm totally fine with that.

It's too soon to tell regarding the most recent ex. We were never really friends to begin with; we hung out through mutual friends for a few months before dating, but I was always interested. I still enjoy talking to her when I do. She was just lacking in a lot of ways when it came to what I want in a relationship, and I know the feeling was mutual. In some ways, we get along better these days than the last few months of the relationships, because we aren't harboring all of this resentment for each other.

1 person likes this.
  16. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Well-Known Member

My thoughts on recent conversations: Leather jackets r sick. Pizza @ planet fitness rules. Ex girlfriends are weird. I barely remember mine and at a party a couple months ago my ex girlfriend from when I was 15 (26 now) got pissed at me because I deleted her from Facebook and she asked why we can't be friends :foo: I wanted to say I barely remember you, but I tried to be nice about it while my friend walked away and laughed at me.

17. Chulillo

Chulillo Well-Known Member

Sorry for digging this up from a few weeks ago but I discovered this thread yesterday and I am reading it backwards :p But I totally agree with @RedLantern .I started with bodypump classes last October and I am totally hooked. I have lift since I was a teenager, but I hate doing cardio... at least your typical cardio... I love HIIT cardio though. Anyways, I just went to take a peek at a BP class and stayed all the way, never sweated more in my life and felt GREAT at the end and since then I have not missed one week. The other days I keep my usual lifting routine but I noticed I am bigger and leaner since I started with those classes.

It really was a change for me because I was like "am I just going to be lifting this few lbs???" couldn't believe that... until my muscles hurt like hell hahaha Then I understood... but you keep improving week by week.

About the instructors, that is so true. I think it is essential to be motivated by them and not annoyed. It is not the same to inspire people than to scream at people... some seem to have it mixed up.

@APK I am relatively new to SF and definetely new here in this thread but I got to read a couple of your posts and you seem to be very reasonable and mature guy who definitely knows what you want and the brains to know that what you had was not "it". It is very difficult not only to know that you are "wasting" your time with someone (sometimes routine covers things up) but is much more difficult to know it and do something about it, most people usually settle in fear of hurting the other person, what might happen, etc. Anyways, I respect you for what you did and why you did it... Good luck with everything.

1 person likes this.
  18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Yea if theres no sex its pointless. And sometimes with sex its worse. Shit happens for a reason

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Oh also on another note I bought an engagement ring and had the talk with gf's parents. Now just looking for the right time/occasion to propose.

7 people like this.
  20. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

Congrats mayn. I went ahead and did it the next day after I asked her parents. Does she know about it or is it a going to be a surprise? Are you paranoid that she is going to find the ring?

Also, be advised: engagement is brutal. Marriage is awesome so far though.