1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

No, you can't. Have you ever seen someone relax on the bench after a legal competition bench? Goes from lightly touching to full on spreading dat joocy ass all over the place.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Yep, agreed with @I<3Bacon. I've seen countless comp benches. You can't tell from that angle.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Don't they have white crayons (the ones you use on blackboards)?, they should essentially be the same thing if you smash them up.

I could be wrong though

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  4. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

If you're in an Asian country just find a crossfit gym with foreigners, they'll have good equipment.

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Schooled.

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad.

It's a hard thing to point out unless you've been to competitions and stared at a lot of dudes' butts. :embar:

2 people like this.
  7. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Lol you guys sometimes. My beautiful ass never left the bench in any of my bench session. You just can't tell from that angle. And my arch is not even close to the one from my friends or Charly (iirc), part of the game.

I'll post another video from a different angle, you'll see.

1 person likes this.
  8. virus646

There you go, 305 x2. It was my first time ever with that kind of weight so i'll have to tweak some things. It's pretty obvious:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5 people like this.
  9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

10. virus646

11. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

What is with this poverty arch. Grab bar,hyperxtend back using your neck as a base. Put feet on bench and do a glute bridge and then pull your feet behind your glutes. Grab the back of the bench and arch your neck through to your lower spine. Gets like half a foot off the bench.

2 people like this.
  12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

I'm being offered a position on the board of a health insurance company that was founded in the wake of PPACA and has made a lot of headway, I think it has like 55,000 insurees as of the last open enrollment period at least, so it's a pretty big operation. Board seats are 3 year terms. I think this would be a massive opportunity for my career, but I'm leaving for NYC in 6 months so I'm not sure how to handle this. I could do a few things:

1. Disclose upfront that I'm leaving and hope they still take me on. After I leave I could still participate via conference call and on the off chance that I'm back in town (meetings are monthly) but they'd have to be okay with that.

2. Don't tell them until a month or two from now that I'm leaving so I'm already on the board. Claim that I was expecting to go to school in Chicago, so I'd still be able to make board meetings in person and not have it affect my directorship, but that it didn't work out that way. Play the victim of circumstance.

Additionally, another requirement is that I get my insurance through them, which I can only do if I'm living in state. I can have my primary residence listed as my parents' house while I'm in school, but my parents just bought a house in FL and are considering selling our house in state so I don't know how viable this is or how long it would last.

However, I'm extremely excited to get involved with this company and it's an unprecedented career move for me. I think I could be an enormous resource for them, if just for a short period. I'm really drawn to option 2 even though it's not the most ethical. What should I do?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

You can always defer b-school if this is an opportunity you can't pass up.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  14. Khayembii Communique

It's unpaid, it would just help my future career prospects and maybe to get into Columbia.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I'd be upfront but that's just me.

1 person likes this.
  16. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Well-Known Member

Option #1 and do not tell them about the possibility of your parents selling house so you would no longer have a resident address in the state. The house sale is an unknown but you are knowingly leaving for school.

17. Khayembii Communique

I haven't accepted an offer of admission yet!

18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

When do you have till? I certainly wouldn't pass up starting school now to do this board thing tbh.

Try seeing if you can do it remotely first though.

19. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

an unpaid board? fuck outta here, they should pay you some directors fees and reimburse travel expenses if you need to be present at a meeting

i would disclose that you are considering b-school in nyc and have already been accepted, that's the right thing to do

would not mention the insurance coverage thing

1 person likes this.
  20. Khayembii Communique

I get paid for travel expenses, i.e. gas.