1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

I love how uptight you weightlifting guys are.

You do know that not every clean is a squat clean, right?

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as that, you either clean or power clean, that is a split clean likewise there is a split snatch as well. fucking @fit douches and their redundant terminology

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

It's not the end of the world. It's no worse than calling the "press" the "overhead press."

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

but it makes me lol everytime

5. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

This is a great example of bro science.

6. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

What's the difference between them? T3 is expensive and they sell t4 on all day chemist for a few dollars.

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Your body regulates TH via feedback on the hpa axis. Exogenous hormone, t4 vs t3 will still cause hyperthyroidism is taken in excess. Your cells convert t4 to t3 on the periphery.

T4 has a longer half life. That's why it is used. Ease of therapeutic dosing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  8. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

Has anybody run Sheiko for a while that can give some input. I'm mainly looking for some help with programming a 3 day PL routine once school starts and Sheiko seems to be one of the most recommended.

Any reviews or comments on results?

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I tell that bitch I feel like Sheiko, I feel like Sheiko

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

No everyone in my office is fat. This idea of jacked bankers who are into fitness is not a reality. Yeah it's better hours. I still have another 2 years of applying for internships so I could always do s&t next year then potentially straight to buyside if i dont like it.

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

What are your best 1RMs in the powerlifts?

Your total dictates what program you should run.

Edit:
    Actually, you should to the forum on Sheiko-program.ru

Go to Universal Topics and look in the Russian Classification System what class you qualify into. The second table is for Raw lifters (the first is for equipped).

Then go to the subforum for that class and download that program. Plug in your current maxes, or 5-10 lbs over at most.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

OK, I have been running my % thing for about 7 weeks now, and today I hit a wall, but only on bench press. I think I'm ready for a deload week or two. Learn me deloads. Should I deload on everything, or just the body parts I am fried on? Bench was nuked but then I hit a new PR on shoulder press and everything else went fine.

13. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

I'm around 138-140lb right now at 5'7". Looking to compete in the 66kg.
    Bench: 185lb
    Squat: 295lb
    DL: 340lb

I was thinking of doing 29,37,30,32 with 10lb extra added to Bench. Probably swap DL with boxes for Sumo Rack Pulls since there's no boxes at my gym.

14. conceptionist

That's good numbers in your class. I thinkthat makes you a intermediate (Class 1,2 or 3) or maybe even a CMS.

Since it's your first Sheiko run, it will be wise to start a bit easier on a Class 1-3 program even if you qualify for CMS. Sheiko is notorious for tearing down lifters who are not conditioned to the volume and the long workouts, let alone doing the lfts twice in a session.

Go to the Class 1-3 subforum and download the program for lifters under 80 kg.

It the most updated program and is changed from the generic 29,31,32, whatever# you find floating around on the net. Its also periodized into 3 or 4 different cycles (prep 1, prep 2, comp cycle, or somethibg like that) so you don't have to figure out the sequencing of the programs yourself. It'll set you up perfectly for a meet if you start it with the right amount of weeks left.

And yes, change out the accessory movements and varuations of the lifts so it suits your equipment and weaknesses. It a generic program meant to be customized.

Read around on the forum to see how you should use the program, FAQ, technique advice, etc...

There's tons of other great info on that forum that everyone in this thead could benefit from.

1 person likes this.
  15. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

According to the chart I qualify for CMS even though I'm 5lbs lighter for the class I want to compete in. I'll probably take your advice though and start at Class 1-3. I'm not used to the high volume of Sheiko.

Programming the 3 lifts seems to be the thing I suck at but I usually can tell which accessories I need in order improve my numbers. I'll probably do it just by feel.

I'll take time to read through some of it today before I go to the gym. Thanks concept.

16. conceptionist

No worries.

CMS is really good imo. I'm still at Class 2.

You could run the program as its written for your first run, at least the variations of the main lifts. Where it says "Lats" or "Chest", its up to you to choose some kind of row or db press/flye.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

This is how I was taught - Deloads should follow really, really hard training. Weather it be through volume, intensity, or both. My progressions is set up as 6 weeks, by 5th week my volume and intensity is so high in the gym I am surprised I make it through the week. Then you back off a week, still do everything but at like 50%. Then at week 1 your body has recovered from the stress and is now stronger, they call that super compensation. So if you don't think you have given your shoulders enough to get some super compensation then maybe just deload on your bench.

High volume on the big lifts will feel like hell if you are going from a standard 5 x 5 template. I don't know how much volume is in Sheiko, but it took me a good 2 months to get use to squatting for 15, 12, 10, 8, 15 reps. High volume is awesome though in that it will really show you where your week points are. Good luck!

18. conceptionist

Deloads usually cut your volume in half or so, and don't go over about 80% as far as intensity go. But its mostly a reduction in volume, as volume is what causes the most fatigue.

If you set up your program well, you don't really need a "deload" as most people know it. I have weeks of extreme volume, and then the next week is usually a bit lower volume but higher intensity. It varies a lot from week to week for me and some weeks are def harder than others, but I never really have an easy week.

19. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

supercompensation is silly

20. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

anyone interested in romaleo's in volt size 9.5? high instep fail.