1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Yeah, why not size up and then just have the knee->ankle tapered?

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I played with a pair of 501s for a while. The top block is so.... Midwestern. They need to make a raw 511.

3. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

dont trust a local tailor to do it and a service like denimsurgeon is expensive and takes a long time.

4. ridethecliche

Don't they have a 511 in an indigo-ish wash?

I've been wearing some gap skinny selvedge I found at a thrift. My legs aren't really that big anymore though.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Lol nice. Good luck amigo. It's an expensive and annoying process.

6. ridethecliche

I don't have to pay for secondaries, which is why the number is this high. My school sends in a committee letter next week and I'm hoping to submit my secondaries by then. I'm almost done pre-writing. Might start submitting today since I've had a few for almost a month (pre-verified ones).

7. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Well-Known Member

Me too. Nothing but baller sweatpants man!

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I think they do... I dont want to wear blue jeans that aren't raw though, regular blue jeans look kind of dumb to me now. All about chinos and sweats

Im doing 36-38" waist pants now.... squatting and deading is fun but I'd rather be able to wear 32-34" pants again. Hopefully with this cut I can do both

9. slim skin 40

slim skin 40 New Member

10. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

Ffs we have this stupid conversation every 3 months, buy something with a heavy taper like thesehttp://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2559&category_id=&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62 or if you've got the money BBS, zam barrett or Leopold bossert.

11. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

The only thing that I really like right now is the Levi's commuter 511s. Yea, they're 511s, but sized up and stretch make them fit great for a slim cut that tapers the exact amount I want. On top of that they're dirt fuckin cheap. Clearance every season drops them to under $20.

I tried on the Uniqlo leggings today. Can't say I'm a fan, but they were pretty comfortable. Almost like sweats. Too bad the washes are awful.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  12. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

My Momo 0201's work quite well too but they arent very tapered and don't have a low rise.

13. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

I suspect most of you are just a little chubby trying to fit into jeans too small on you thinking it's because of your absolutely massive elite squat that you can't wear a 29" APCs anymore (obviously excluding charlie and his massive elite squat)

[​IMG]

This is a few months ago so made some gainz since then. Squatting low 400s pulling in the 500s and my 30" uniqlo stretch jeggings aren't even that tight. Washes are a little shit though, I just wear the black ones usually. How loose do your jeans need to be? I thought on styleforum we all wore skin tight clothes?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  14. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Yes Fuji, you're the only one here with legs.

1 person likes this.
  15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Another PR

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3 people like this.
  16. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

Levi 508s with elastane: big thighs but tapered below the knee
    Cheap

1 person likes this.
  17. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Most of the people complaining about not being able to not fit into jeans are squatting like 1.5x bw, it's not like a 300lb squat is going to give you 30" quads.

18. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

I know a bunch of guys who refuse to go over 315 who have legs much bigger than me.

1 person likes this.
  19. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Yeah same here. Lotta guys in my gym way bigger than me just do pussy weights and machines.

20. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Yeah, but i'm guessing they bodybuild unlike essentially everyone in this thread.