1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

She's right about you not making much gains considering you are on the gear

and that no one cares about your total

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

holy fuck, protein bars turned out bomb. All I did so far was mix like, a cup of oats, two scoops of chocolate whey, and a bunch of PB2 with some unsweetened soy milk. Added more PB2 to thicken as I went. Then just mixed it all together and put in the freezer. Came out fucking amazing.

Gotta eat em cold or they don't stay together as well but they taste better that way anyways.

Gonna experiment with portions and see what I can come up with. You guys should try this it's awesome.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Link to ECA stack worth it's cost on amazon? Gonna get some eca, protein, and creatine soon.

4. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

E = Bronkaid 25mg. Get at CVS or Walmart.

C = Caffeine 200mg. Get at any pharmacy.

A = not necessary.

5. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

No jason blaha told me the only way to get bigger is through progressive overload with heavy compounds and that women think glutes is most important muscle for getting sloots. Don't try to feed me this misinformation.

6. ridethecliche

Yeah, knew about that last part.

Was hoping not to have to get bronkaid due to the guanifen or whatever that stuff is called, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

7. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Don't think there is really any other legal way to get eph in the states. You could order it online, but it'll just be something some guy made or from china and probably more expensive anyway.

8. ridethecliche

Oh well. Maybe I'll get something from T nation instead.

(Kidding)

9. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Justifying eating bagel and lox, croissants and cookies because I have an exam tomorrow and I need fat hnnnnnng

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Deadlifts went to shit but I'm happy with my progress and I know I need to work on for September's competition.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6 people like this.
  11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

I personally like having the expectorant in there, it's like a little bonus that helps out if I have a cold.

13. speedy4500

speedy4500 Well-Known Member

What happened with the first DL? You started to drop before the signal? Or you felt like you hitched it up so you decided to just drop it before wasting energy?

Also, what was your weigh in? I thought you were 198 class last time.... didn't feel like cutting this time around?

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Description is on youtube but I lost my balance.

219.6 was my official weight.

Going to stay in the 220's for a while. Too tall for 198's.

15. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I'd make a custom food in MFP with all the raw ingredients. Then when it's done weigh it so you can divide each serving equally. Even if each serving isn't exactly the same size, if you eat the whole thing over the course of a week and your MFP logs reflect the total, then the calories you consumed will be accurate for the week.

16. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Missed a DL PR today so out of anger went to Chinese buffet and had three plates of pure shit.

3 people like this.
  17. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

great job, sucks about the deadlifts but i'm sure you'll make september your bitch

18. ridethecliche

19. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

^ Clicked the link but didn't read the whole article. I will later, but I completely agree with the "Here's what you need to know" rundown:

•  Powerlifting is awesome, except for some of the fat physiques, the gaggle of federations, the rampant drug use and the supportive garb that allows you to artificially bench more than you can deadlift.

•  The rise of raw powerlifting has been positive. It's more relatable to the average lifter and appeals to those who'd rather see a more honest display of strength.

•  Despite its flaws, powerlifting is a primal rush, and signing up for a meet is one of the best things you can do to ramp up your training progress.

Without knowing what else the article delves into, the above is a pretty good summation of my thoughts on competitive powerlifting.

Edit: Just finished reading the article. Fuji, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Based on what your wrote, I'm not even sure if we read the same article. The guy doesn't think powerlifting is bad; he closes by stating it's a "fantastic sport" and urges the reader to compete in a meet, saying he "can't recommend it highly enough."

Last edited: May 19, 2014