1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I'm a size 9 now bruh, grown ass man over here

2 people like this.
  2. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

I guess you mean the first video?

His name is Alexander Eriksson. European champion in one of the lighter weight classes for sub-juniors for equipped lifting in IPF. He has a channel on youtube.

Most equipped lifters (single ply) in Norway seem to use a squatting style just like that: high bar and wider stance, spreading the hips and sitting back, but still staying upright.

Many use it for raw squatting too and I'm about to change my style to it. Supposed to be good for guys with longer legs.

You should look at Alexanders videos and search Stian Walgermo too.

About that high bar style and your heels rising, you prob need to work on ankle dorsiflexion. You need the confidence to sit back and not leaning forward. Initially, that style is going to be weaker than low bar, but that'll change with some muscle mass in the right places.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  3. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

If you're up for something different you should consider the Eastern European countries by the sea, like Croatia. Very cheap and beautiful, not as touristy as Italy but you can travel there too since its right over the border. Its also fairly close to Israel on your way back.

It could maybe be sketchy if you go way out on the poor countryside but stay in the bigger cities or the more well known tourist places and it'll be no problem. Search Split, well known Croatian party island.

4. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Going to Croatia this September to get messy on an island at some festival. Nothing better then explaining forward rates to fucked up girls.

My dog lost his virginity, so happy for him.

2 people like this.
  5. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Did you help him or something :paranoia:

3 people like this.
  6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

+1 on Croatia, Anthony Bourdain convinced me... it's gonna be the last stop on me and wifey's next European romp. Hopefully gonna see a MotoGP race too.

7. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Nah he did it by himself, I wasn't there to see it sadly. One of my mums friends came over and brought her dog and she was dtf.

1 person likes this.
  8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

You could just bum around Israel and bang birthright chicks.

1 person likes this.
  9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Dude fuck breakfast.

1 person likes this.
  10. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

what size "the stick" should i get

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I can't seem to get my upper body sore like I can with lower. Like after leg day I'm sore for 3-4 days, while after all my upper body days I just have some minor tightness. Like I did a shit ton of pulls yesterday and my lats are not even sore. Maybe it will just come with time.

1 person likes this.
  13. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

Agreed, gonna be hot as fuck though.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Suns out guns out.

I should note that I have never done birthright and refuse to do so for political reasons, but you can't deny that israeli chicks are bangin' and everyone on birthright usually gets laid.

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I went to HS with a lot of Israelis and dated a few.... I can concur, they are fucking slamming... just dont talk ME politics with them

Have a few buddies who were actually born & raised in the US who moved "back" for good. But yea if you can go I would go.

16. eduardo14

eduardo14 Well-Known Member

Israeli women are so hot..got the whole Mediterranean thing going on..I dated one a few years ago

17. eduardo14

eduardo14 Well-Known Member

Oh..and recos on Europe for $1000 U.S???

I'm not sure about that budget..but I go to Barcelona every summer..for 2 weeks..which costs a lot more..but you could def go there for a few days for $1000..greatest city on earth IMO

I've never stayed in hostels..but I do plan on backpacking thru Europe or maybe just throughout Spain..and will stay at hostel only..hotels are too expensive..ridiculous actually

18. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Fuck that man, it'll be full of drunk pink british people in the summer. Do not want. Always thought it was kind of a poverty city.

19. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Philippines brah. Trust me. I'd see you there.

20. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder how I have any friends left on facebook, but then I remember that some of them are like tesseract <3