1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. AntonioPirata

AntonioPirata Well-Known Member

Seconded.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

3. speedy4500

speedy4500 Well-Known Member

I like that in spite of the crazy spam this forum is getting, this RHET thread is still always near the top of the H&B sub-forum. It's a good metaphor to represent how those of us in this thread have overcome a barrage of devious forces in our world to become as strong as we can possibly be, and how we will continue to fight all the demons that seek to oppress us in the pursuit of strength and glory.
    :foo:

5 people like this.
  4. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

I have been awake for 42 hours straight now with only 60mg of ritalin and 10mg of dexamphetamine, I'm going to be such a good investment banker.

5. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I felt like going to the gym, so I just messed around and tested maxes. 355 DL, 260 squart and 235 bench. 850 total at 189 BW, year of serious lifting ALL NATTY. is this good? i really have no idea.

also its stupid how high my bench in comparison to my squat, but whatever.

6. Coldsnap

If we could trade my squat for your bench maybe combined together we would have a decent total for someone training a bit over a year

7. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I'm still about that shit I said awhile ago "comparison is the thief of joy" keep doing ya thing, shit will fall into place eventually.

1 person likes this.
  8. Coldsnap

Yea I hear ya..im all bout that incline bench right now

9. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I do dumbbell incline bench, barbell feels kind of funky on my shoulders. What's your reasoning for doing it?

1 person likes this.
  10. Coldsnap

Just a different angle of hiting it I guess. I feel a stretch and flex way more in my chest when I do inclines

11. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

I haven't tested 1 rep max, but as of this week I'm 340x5 DL, 280x5 squat and 185x5 bench @ 148 BW after just over a year of consistent lifting (~3 days a week), and I would love to be able to split the difference between your bench and mine. But I remember lifting in college and being excited when I could finally bench 1 plate, so it just is going to take time to overcome my bird chest genetics.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

So I just realized that the past couple weeks I've been adding up three plates as 305 instead of 315, which explains why all my lifts went "down". Fucking hell how fucking stupid is that

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Lol. I somehow convinced myself that 2 plates was 215 and was a little discouraged when jumping from 210x12 to "215" x6 when squatting

14. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Trying to come up with ideas for next research project. A few ideas:

1. Cardiovascular health profiles between those who do strict dieting vs IIFYM type dieting
    2. Bone density profiles in women doing strength training vs distance running vs a combined program
    3. Looking for radiological(xray) evidence of vertebral pathology in elite-level deadlifters based on degree of lumbar flexion during the lift

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also I'm drunk.

16. eduardo14

eduardo14 Well-Known Member

#1 sounds good..also the data should be easily attainable

17. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

1) Proportion of women miring someones who jacked and tan, vs those who not jacked and tan

1 person likes this.
  18. rjbman

rjbman Well-Known Member

Under 185 woo! Gonna try to hit 180 then hit maintenance for a little then start bulking again. Still look skinnyfat though.

19. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

What's your height and bf?

180 is my goal, with hopes of 175

20. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Dude that's really quite impressive. What are the details of your routine, athletic background?