1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Well-Known Member

That feel of using Mommy and Daddy's health insurance until age 26....have a younger brother so it's not like I raise the premium for the family coverage.

Scheduled for heavy squats/pulls tonight. Interested in trying different variations of the squat. Any fans of safety bar or pause squats?

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I just wear cheap levis and cheap graphic tees all the time lol.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with levis. but graphic tees, common!

4. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that's what most people looked like before discovering SW&D (no hate tho)

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Wait.. really? You're on potato prop? o_O

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

That's pretty baller. Good job.

7. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

:slayer: Came for SW&D, stayed for RHET.

3 people like this.
  8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Blew a disc in college and rehabbed it. Slipped while doing super light back squats with 135 and blew it again. No amount of PT would fix it so I went under the knife. First surgery was awesome, held for 2 months, then I woke up one morning started feeling funny and then was like 'oh shit this again'. Couldn't really walk for a while. Seriously though, I would go to bed after popping 2-3 percs and wake up 4 hrs later hating life.

2nd surgery was in march last year. It's been a bit up and down but I tried running for 15 mins the other day and felt fine after and I did FS' for the first time with any amount of weight yesterday (2x5 with 95) and felt pretty good. I don't know if I'll ever deadlift or back squat again, but if this trend continues I'll be very pleased.

I'm more than happy maxing out my squat at 135 or 155 and doing single leg work or db lunges to wreck my legs. I do not want to get injured again. It blows.

You still look pretty skinny, but your legs look pretty good. What's your pre/post cut weight? Do a back shot flexing your bi's and lats as well. That should show your progress/cut best!
    My parentals are in a worse spot than me. I'm 25 so that would have been awesome. Each paycheck of mine would be like 15-20% higher if I didn't have to pay for insurance!

I didn't! I dislike graphic tees, other than a few band shirts.

wuzzat?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

i've pretty much peaced out of SW&D.

Rish I wouldn't try and force a heavy lifting regimen. There are other aspects of fitness to work on and despite internet ripptoe worship frankly you don't need SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!1111 it to maintain a decent level of aesthetics.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Fuck paying more than $30 for a shirt I won't be able to fit into 6 months out of the year. Big arms are more stylish than nice clothes, anyways. It doesn't matter what you're wearing if you're yoked.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Any recs for a good restitution product?

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Right you are. I actually didn't do deads for a long time after rehabbing the first time. They just felt off and my back would act up after doing even light ones, so I gave up. I'm almost tempted to do them at 135 just for the strength because if I'm weak in that movement, then injury might be easier, but I'm sure I could get some other exercises for that 'functional' strength without the chance of injury.

Front squats never bothered me, which is why I'm tempted to try.

As for lifts, this is what I'll probably what I'll pull from when I do back and legs.
    Back: Seated rows, 1 arm db rows, chest supported T rows, pullups, pull downs, inverted rows.
    Legs: Front squat (tentative), dumbbell or bb lunges, DB step ups, goblet squats, calf raises, one leg- leg press, maybe regular leg presses.

Aside from that, I'm pretty intent on rehabbing my knee so I can train on my bike again. Maybe even race again. I'd have to do a solid cut for that, but I don't mind racing a bit heavier. It's fun to be able to brush shoulders with guys and not bounce off because I weigh 140 lbs like I did in college.

Lol. Stop. What was your pre/post weight though?

And do a back shot d00d.

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

I disagree.. douchebag with big arms in tapout shirt is pretty much bottom of the barrel.

7 people like this.
  15. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Agree with Charly, a well built, well dressed and groomed man is what we should all strive to be.

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

The more jacked I look the more I like fancy clothes

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Clothes are fitting me perfectly right now. Pretty nice after months of having no room in the thighs

18. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Das it.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

Cum at me bro:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. Coldsnap