1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Was considering injecting some molanotan, but apparently being Asian that will result in me turning into mogli from the jungle book and mogli is getting no vag.

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Good luck with your erectile dysfunction, headaches, and kidney failure goals of 2015

2 people like this.
  3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

I was about to ask how the hell you're pale since you live in one of the sunniest states, but I was recently reading an article about how you guys have some of the worst Vitamin D deficiency... guessing everyone's got office jobs.

Don't forget wrecked stomach lining. I was a part of the 800mg pills 3-4x a day crew 14yrs ago.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

but i have two kidneys so I'm good :foo:

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

That's funny. Where is that ca?

6. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for any upper body stuff? I'm probably going to switch to SSB squats for a while... warm up sets, I don't even need to use my arms.

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Anything that doesnt involve bending/loading your elbows

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I've said it before I'll say it again: Coldsnap should just go on cruise control with his lower body lifts and hit his bench 2 or 3 times a week while doing a slow bulk. He's got far more slack to catch up there and it will give him better aesthetics.

Instead of trying to squeeze out a bit more Squat and DL #'s and growing his ass even huger, he could add 75 lbs to his bench in a few months and actually look decently proportioned.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Coldsnap

Yea, I could do this. I have two hip days and two upper body days. So it's not like I'm neglecting my bench and overhead press. They go in % the same as my squat and deadlift, but yea I think that would work well.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I gain easily on legs too. I am on a 2:1 upper to lower ratio and it's working well. Everything is moving forward at the same pace.

1 person likes this.
  12. Coldsnap

Isn't there a website that you can compare olympic lifting shoe height?

13. rjbman

rjbman Well-Known Member

Man I wish I had a 3DS.

14. Coldsnap

3DS is really awesome. I play it nearly as much as my PC. So many good games! If anyone wants to borrow a game hit me up, I have a big collection for some reason..

15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

5:1 upper lower ratio of peace. Push/Pull/legs/Push/Pull/Shoulders and arms.

16. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

17. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

That recipe is giving me some feels. Johnsonville sweet italian sausages bringing back so many memories.

1 person likes this.
  18. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

Hit a new pr on squat after switching to low bar awhile back. But I was gassed afterwards, and couldn't even break my deadlift off the ground.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Do you even know what your goal is Coldsnap? You look the same if not chubbier from previous photos. I agree with Fuji's assessment on the chest. I sort of the same thing going on being skinny fat/underdeveloped chest, but I'm also around 155 lbs and 5'9, so, not as apparent or jiggly(puff)

Really liking this PPL routine suggested by @GraphicNovelty. Fwiw did front squat first time, I could probably do 135 lbs but sort f went safe and did 125 3x5. Feels more natural form wise than back squat... Love the weigh I can utilize shoulders and activate my core a lot more. Going to stick with this for a bit. Loving that pull and soreness from back workout. I think it was @Coldsnap who recommended pendlay rows first. Really like it. I am also working more upper now based on PPL. Dropped DL, don't really care. Might try @Fuji 5:1 split if I have the time.

20. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Realized that by simply facing away from the mirror most of my deadlift form issues have corrected themselves. :)

Got 5 plates today at 190lbs :)

1 person likes this.