1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

So why don't people cycle ehedrine all the time? I weighed 188.6 this Friday and just weighed myself now at 182.4 and that's after eating carb meal before workout and drinking my 120g carb and 40g prit shake. All I took was 50mg and that's like I did cardio on sat and sun. I didn't mean to loose that much.. Eating a pizza now

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware they sold DNP in american pharmacies.....

It's inevitably just fluctuations in water weight/how much shit you have in you/ scale readings. 50mg of eph didn't knock 6.2lb off you in 3 days. Its thermogenic effect is negligible, the main reason people lose weight on it is because it suppresses appetite.

3. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

DNP is fucking poison.

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Officially cutting today. Fucking sucks. Would take progress pics but I'm lazy, maybe tomorrow.

5. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I don't understand why some of you guys are such babies about cutting? It's really not that hard and/or difficult. Plus the ends certainly justify the means.

1 person likes this.
  6. Khayembii Communique

7. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

You're gonna have to change that sooner or later anyway

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

The only thing that bothered me about cutting last year was a drop in libido.

So far so good this year.

9. cross22

cross22 Well-Known Member

Those last few pounds when you drop below 10% are fucking brutal.

10. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

That's one thing I was worried about also, but no problems on that front.

Actually going to visit weight lifting chick upstate this weekend, she told me that I can feel free to stay with her if I don't want to crash on my friends couch. She so wants it, and I'm so ready to give it to her.

Excite

muchexite

1 person likes this.
  11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Haven't lost weight in 2 months. I'm such a little bitch :(

12. tesseract

Accidentally fasted the entire day yesterday. That was bizarre

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Fasting def helps my energy. Food slows me down

14. Diesel0022

Diesel0022 Active Member

Had days where this happened, confuses the hell out of me when it does

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Looking to squat 6 plates for 5 reps next week. :nodding:

2 people like this.
  16. tesseract

I would trust the advice of someone who is big and strong to get big and strong over some guy basically theorizing based on programs he read worked somewhere. The top powerlifters in the world are all juicing big time so why would you think similar training protocols would work for natural lifters? I remember being a couple of years into training and thinking i had all of the answers and could give great training advice to other people based on what i had read. its wasn't until years later and realistically maybe 50 pounds of muscle heavier that i realize i know very little and most of what i did learn was from trial and error and personal experience.

Two other things, I really don't get the whole Berkhan lean gains thing. the dude looks like a skinny soccer player and with a shirt on you cant even tell he lifts. I also want to remind you that renaissance periodization and lean gains are essentially products. Everybody and their uncle says they have the secret best method and its all bullshit.

17. tesseract

I've been saying this for ten pages!!!

To conceptionist, I have been coming off pretty blunt and I don't mean any disrespect, i just happen to disagree with you giving advice about gaining muscle, losing fat or retaining muscle when losing fat since you basically went from a skinny kid with a little loose skin to a skinny kid with saran wrap skin. Your before and after pictures would look exactly the same if you had taken up beach volleyball or ballet or any moderate vigorous physical activity.

18. Khayembii Communique

1. Clearly the point of lean gains isn't to look absolutely massive with a shirt on, so that's a bullshit criticism.

2. Martin never even promoted Lean Gains as "the secret best method". Not only has he not done this, he has argued consistently against it and maintains that lean gains is a program that will only work if it can be fit into one's lifestyle. In fact the entire fucking reason he stopped blogging so much is because of the fact that others were turning lean gains into a "product" and he was frustrated with being associated with that sort of thinking.

19. tesseract

2 people like this.
  20. tesseract

1. I dont know about you but it seems like everybody in this thread is trying to get big. lean gains shouldn't be in the equation if thats the case.

2. Yes, he promotes his service. from his website: "Commentators often ask me if this or that is fine or how they should optimize things. I simply don't have time or energy for that any longer. Understand that a lot of factors need to be taken into consideration when determining calorie intake and macronutrient cycling; body weight, body fat, activity level, training routine, gender, insulin sensitivity and so forth. That's why I have clients - optimizing a diet plan requires time and reflection, and being a perfectionist by nature I simply can't "okay" something without having all the facts in front of me."

He can blog about whatever he wants but if he is making money off of his methods hes selling a product.