1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

About 180, +/- 3 pounds depending on the day. I'm 6 ft. Lifts (calculated 1rm): bench: 208; OHP: 124; squat: 270; deadlift: 296

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

This, this so much, I am on my 3rd pair I think

I'm hoping after my cut I can wear 32 or 33s instead of my husky ass 36s

But yea get those Mark

3. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

VLSI post pics!

Skeen you're lookin beasty!

New Chipotle opened up near my garage gym. Went there last night with gym buddies and quad chicken bowl aint enough anymore. Gonna have to go quint chicken bowl next time. Or just make it my damn self and stop spending $15-18 at fuckin Chipotle.

4. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Chipotle should make a loyalty card like subway

1 person likes this.
  5. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

And yes V post pics

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I haven't lifted in over a month and i'm the biggest i've ever been Just cardio.

I've been eating a lot though, but i'm not really getting fat. I think i'm hovering around 12% bf.

I know this sounds like a humble brag but it's pretty weird.

7. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Maybe you look bigger cause of the cardio dropping BF and thus more definition?

8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Ok, pics time. Do I even lift? :(

6', morning weight of about 169, closer to ~173 in pic since end of day.
    flexed/unflexed - inb4 same thing
    but who was sun?
    [​IMG]

9. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

KJ: I would do a slow controlled cut or recomp if I were you. Say drop 15-20 pounds over the next 3-4 months (that's 1-1.5 lb a week).

VSLI, you look better in the left pic than I was expecting (no offense).
    Delts, triceps and traps look promising.

Its almost like I can feel myself growing since I made the switch over to my current program and really comitted to put on weight. My legs def feel and look fuller after a month.
    Linear progression is getting a lot harder now. Did 275 on squats today for 6 sets of 4 reps. On monday I will do triples for 5-6 sets and then bring the sets down the coming workouts as the weight continues to go up. I'll probably manage to increase up to 285-290, but then I'll have to reset. Feels good anyway since my goal is to squat a max of 315 by May. Looks like I'll hit that sooner.

The first meet of the year is tomorrow.
    I won't compete in this one (I will in May), but I'll take some pics and maybe a video to upload here.

1 person likes this.
  10. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

You look a lot meatier than I was expecting. The way you talk about yourself paints you as some Aushwitz survivor, body dysmorphia much?

Also the hip width doesn't look nearly as bad as you were saying.

If you don't blow up while bulking looks like a really solid base to build off.

11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I don't know man, not happy with my physique at all yet. Original goal was 165, but now I think I'll have to be closer to 160 before i reach the leanness I want and switch to bulking.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Youve got a weird shaped body, can't tell if that's love handle fat or just your body shape. I think you should just suck up being chubby for a couple months and bulk hard. Cutting isn't going to reveal much.

13. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I'm aware of all of this unfortunately. Love handles are pretty bad, shot of back would be much more revealing. My only goal right now is to get rid of them. Not going to quit my cut early again and waste months spinningmy wheels on half bulk/cut cycles.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

That is exactly what is going to happen if you cut now though. Once you start bulking up they will come back. Just suck it up and keep em for now, they don't look that bad but it does look like you will really have to shred down to lose them. They will def be the last things to go.

15. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not saying drop the cut, at this point keep it going as far as you can. I'm saying that once you start bulking if you keep it clean and lift hard, you'll do well I think.

1 person likes this.
  16. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Also are those your rib bones, or serratus muscles, if the latter I'm jelly

17. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Thanks mark. That's the plan, a non-dirty, controlled bulk even if it takes a bit longer. Might even bulk in shorter intervals until I hit 12-14% bf before doing short cuts. Don't want to get this fat again.

I want to believe in a world where I don't have love handles.

Thems my ribs :(

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

what's your workout looking like now and post cut?

19. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Coolcicada PPL for the past two weeks or so. Except front squats subbed for back squats, cg bench for tricep pull downs, dips for tricep extension (these last two mean I don't have to drive to the gym on push day). Oh, also, always skip calves. Intend to keep the same routine post cut and hopefully get decent hypertrophy.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

How's your numbers doing VLSI?