1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Great mentality Jar

2. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Yeah, taking the cut slow and steady is wise. I'm going to have to keep reminding myself that, otherwise I might stupidly start burning fat

3. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

My olivers shorts just arrived. Seem pretty decent, kind of a swim trunk vibe though, don't really have any other tech shorts to compare to. Can easily do full range of motion squat in them, so that's good.

Last two weeks at home have been basically useless in terms of training and diet :eek:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Mark gonna look juicy as fuck post-cut.

Lotsa rhet brahs gonna make it this spring. I'm excited to see how I look after my final(probably) dreamer bulk.

1 person likes this.
  5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Considering taking up boxing for a couple months once my shoulder is fully healed.

Guy at my boxing gym is charging $300/month for 3x/week sessions. Looked up a dude and he's legit. Still, it's expensive.

6. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

U sure your face can afford that brah?

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

^ Good night sweet face aesthetics

And brain cells.

8. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Cut me mick.

2 people like this.
  9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Sup fellas. Nice thread y'all have going here! Are you welcoming of newcomers? :hide:

A little about me: I consider myself an intermediate-advanced lifter. 25 years old, been lifting seriously since I was about 18, though with some significant lapses in consistency throughout college. I'm 5'10", currently about 200 lbs. and 15% bf. I train more or less with a bodybuilder split, with a priority on free weight compound lifts. Approximate maxes are 300 on bench, 400 each on squats and deads. Far from competitive powerlifting numbers, but I don't plan to ever compete. My current goal is to cut to about 180 lbs, 10-11% bf by April 1. I've always hovered around 12-15%, but I'm ready to finally get lean(er).

Anyway, looking forward to learning a thing or two from fellow SF gym rats. :cheers:

8 people like this.
  10. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Welcome brah -- where you from?

11. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

New years resolution is to stop being inconsistent with getting to the gym.

Pulling with straps for the first time tonight, gonna up it to 315 even though I haven't deadlifted in a while. We'll see how it goes!

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

How do you guys train lower body

I am starting over with sumo deadlift form, trying to keep my butt as low as possible during the lift (which took a good 150# off what I can move). I hit 3x5x315 with this form and had absolutely nothing left in the tank for squats. Is it unrealistic to give 100% to squats and deads in the same session or am I just bitchmade

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

With sumo deadlifts, you should be trying to keep your hips as high as possible.. not low.

4 people like this.
  14. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

New Years Resolution is to never smoke another cigarette.

4 people like this.
  15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Thanks! Texas.

16. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

I love how the chinese coach reported at ATG just lol'd when discussing bar position with a canadian lifter when the external rotation mantra by k* and the rest was mentioned

1 person likes this.
  17. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

no such luck this year. when I quit for 5 years it was because I had the worst hangover of my entire life and also running a high fever on new years day, so I didn't smoke for a while and just said fuck it. no hangover this year so me no quit this year.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

new years resolutions? I know not telling people is the best way to stick to them but i want to hear everyone's goals.

mine is: run a 10k, join the millenium club, do yoga 2x week and moisturize my face every day.

1 person likes this.
  19. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

lol worst was when I got home from my workout today(when I typically have the strongest cravings) I stumbled upon a pack I had hidden in my kitchen. Took a ton of will-power to snap them and drown them in water. Currently 4 weeks out since my last ciggy and don't wanna blow it now.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Re: NYRs

Perfect my form on the big lifts, keep making progress in my bulk, get back in my cardio zone. Gonna do a mini cut this summer, so I'm hoping to end the year slightly heavier but a lot leaner and stronger. Would be nice to learn how to swim without frying my elbows as well. I don't know what the deal is with that. Also want to be more consistent about getting enough veggies in and nutrition in general.