1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

the best type of training environment ever

2 people like this.
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Yea agreed.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

4. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Yup jelly. Mine has a club-like environment as well but I'm the only one with a strength goal.

5. Cool The Kid

O like a ooontz ooontz club.

6. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Speaking of good training environments, I'm looking forward to getting back in uni in a month since I'll be joining a new gym then. It's actually called "(insert town name) weightlifting club" and I think most of the people training there are powerlifters. Gonna be awesome

7. milosh

milosh Well-Known Member

Best thing about mine is that it has a lot of Arnold posters in his prime. Shit otherwise.

I asked a guy to record my last warmup rep @95kg. Would appreciate a form check:

Vid here

8. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Just saw my old RMT for an hour of pure agony. Turns out shitloads of upper back work, everyday squats and comp bench setup tightens you up like a torque wrench. Also could not believe how unbelievably painful my forearm/elbow extensors were. Finding a good RMT who knows how to dish out deep tissue pain was the best thing ive done for myself.

Completely unrelated: was searching for some inspiration to update my vision board and ended up googling "Klokov physique" and "Stoitsov" for a good half hour. Feels homo man. Also look what I found when googling: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=84217&page=2

9. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

Finally hit 225 bench. Tried at the end of my working sets, easy rep, makes me feel good about the future.

5 people like this.
  10. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Dat feel. I am a little buzzed and was just googling vintage sly and arnie photos. Dat 80's nostalgia.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

lol wtf

four posts in and some pheg crossfitter is questioning an olympic silver medalists' technique. :laugh:

also ivan stoitsov now > stoitsov earlier

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  12. Cool The Kid

I have a question about cutting. Since while you are losing weight your maintenance changes would it make sense to continually adjust your daily calories down? It would only vary about 15-20kcal per week, but I did some math and figured out my maintenance will go down ~400kcal/day for the amount I want to cut (~30lbs). I woke up today realizing I feel unhealthy as fuck and don't really want to get any heavier than this, even though I'm not as strong as I wanted to be before my cut.

13. conceptionist

You can limit the metabolic damage by incorporating refeeds, say once a week or so. If you're cutting for a long time (maybe over 16 weeks?) you might want to do a week at maintenance to rev up the metabolism and energy levels. No need to stress a cut unless you have a deadline like a comp.

14. conceptionist

Watching an old video of squats in IPF Raw atm.
    Man, so those guys go deep. Feels like none of the strongest US powerlifters would pass a lift in that fed.

15. Cool The Kid

16. conceptionist

Just go on youtube and watch any IPF world cup.

I saw 2012 classic world cup for unequipped.
    Then compare their depth to any training video of guys like Brandon Lilly or Eric Lillebridge squatting. Not to mention the geared US lifters. Not calling anyone out, its just a huge difference in whats passed as deep enough.

17. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Rule is to break parallel. Not go TO parallel. Nor go 2" past parallel. But to break it. That's all. If you want to do more in competition, that's up to you and you're more than welcome to.

18. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Okay, I wanna start shedding a bit of winter weight, is HIIT, lifting and caloric restriction the best way to go?

19. Cool The Kid

You dont need cardio. Calorie restriction is probably best. HIIT may eat up muscle.

20. Zekdafied

Zekdafied Active Member

I wish I signed up for the seminar at BBBC with Dan Green. A guy from my gym has signed up already. I'm sure it's booked now.

As a side note, I just PR'd today with a 415 pound dead lift raw. Felt good.

Have you looked into a Ketogenic Diet? It's an interesting option depending on your current stats.