1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reqs.

I see your point but I have a hard time deciding which of the cheaper options I'd get. Most of the sneaker-hybrids like the Power Perfect 2 or Power Lifts get critique for not being as stable and that you eventually will want to upgrade to something nicer. Then there's the do-wins, rogues, some czech variants and some other alternatives in that price class. While they would most likely be sufficient, I haven't been able to decide which ones in that price class I'd get.

Since I have the money I figured I'd just go with the ones that seem the best overall, which is the adipowers. Then I'll also skip the extra cost if I'd like to upgrade to them from a cheaper pair. I also just like nice things, lol. We're on SF after all.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Pmed

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Charly, do you fit into UNDERCOVER shit? I prob don't fit into it, but I like some of their stuff.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Haha nah, unfortunately I don't..

Speaking of clothes that don't fit, need to sell off a few of my favorite pieces of mine that don't fit anymore.. :\

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  5. Coldsnap

Word, stupid skinny stuff.

I was eyeing that NDG jacket but cannot afford and prob too warm for Raleigh. I sold all my america shit and used the money to buy expensive drop crotch stuff and comfortable shirts.

6. mrchariybrown

Yea, the NDG might be a bit too warm for your neck of the woods 3/4 of the time.

Really hoping my NDG jacket goes to a good home. That thing saved my body from winters/snow/rain/wind. Used to ride my scooter around it in in Seoul with chilling winds at well below freezing temps. Frozen legs but toasty upper body lol

7. Coldsnap

Has NDG picked up some sort of following post closing? Before my lifting days when I was like 140lbs I use to buy that stuff off Ebay because it was super cheap and I liked it. Now I see people seeking that stuff out a lot. Wish I held onto some of the stuff, like those cargo pants with some sort of paracord wraped around the leg.

8. mrchariybrown

I think there's a small cult following.. wish I had picked up a pair of those same pants too.

Ordered a pair of Romaleos 2.. might be getting rid of my Rogue Dowins..

1 person likes this.
  9. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Now that we're on the topic of clothes and outerwear:

What kind of outerwear do you think looks best on built guys, Charly?

Might sound like a weird question, but your post on dressing and clothing proportions for built guys is pure gold. Helped me out at least and I really dig that look.

I've noticed bombers style jackets look good on swole guys while slim MC top coats mostly do not. Swedish winters are cold as fuck so I'm looking to buy something warm and substantional around mid thigh length.

10. milosh

milosh Well-Known Member

One of the best things about running in the cold is that you get to dress like a ninja.

11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Buy a toj, coldsnap. Don't forget to ask Charly for rhet bro discount. You have to ask at least ten times, changing measurements each time, before he agrees though.

1 person likes this.
  12. mrchariybrown

That is correct! Bomber styles and other jackets with ribbed looks the best on bigger guys. Parkas are fine too.

I have a short Rick parka and a Rick neoprene/blistered leather jacket with ribbed cuffs to get me through the winter.

13. Coldsnap

Charly posted a really good discussion on what built guys should wear. I mean like actually built guys, people in the 200+ range. I tried to deny it for awhile but I was forced anyways because nothing fit me besides stuff from Sears. Knucks mailed me a pair of drop crotch Fith Ave. pants and I saw what Charly meant. Since I'm only 5'7" I find a micro drop crotch and shirts with bigger shoulders works really well. Trying to re build my wardrobe now, I find this shit to match my "Live in full ROM" mantra much better anyways. That's actually the biggest thing for me, it's comfortable.

I'd want a TOJ but not possible now. I want to add a good 10-15lbs to my upper body next year, fat or muscle whatever.

14. mrchariybrown

Nice, I sold Knucks those pants! Glad to see it's working out for you.

I've got a bunch of pairs I've outgrown in different colors. I could sell you the lot for the price of shipping and a few beers if you want :)

15. mrchariybrown

Btw, I'm really glad that how-to helped some people.. thought it was just going to go over everyone's heads.

Took a long time for me to figure out what worked for me so it's nice to see it's cutting down the learning curve for some guys.

1 person likes this.
  16. Coldsnap

Same size? The waist on those are huge on me, if I don't wear a belt they fall right off. So I sent em back to Knucks, they gave me a good idea of the type of fit though.

17. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Are the armholes on toj wool ma1 too high/skin for built people? Not for me, since my 12.5" arms fit in everything, but future me wants to know.

18. mrchariybrown

I think some might be the same, smaller, and bigger. What size were they? Could always take the waist in.

19. mrchariybrown

They're alright if you size up. But probably not for me.

1 person likes this.
  20. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I just wear hoodies from Target all the time now.