1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Next to none. Their top athletes are their best marketing tools, they wouldn't hamstring them.

2. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

This is rob riches at 175lb and 5'10", who was a top natural physique competitor until he recently failed a drug test for I think winstrol

[​IMG]

so I'd say 15lb of muscle on him would have you being pretty solid.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

by RHET standards thats a gt physique

4. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

man I swear noone looks good below 10% body fat

5. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Yea thats a bit much. I am pretty sure I didn't say I wanted to be SBF at the end but I don't want to expand on my comments and start another flurry of PMSing.

Also was unaware that one's goals had to be approved by others but again lets just talk shop

7. Coldsnap

Charly I don't get how you don't go into flexion on your max squat sets. Even Dan Greenieweenie does. Maybe I will understand more after my 1 on 1 session with Travis. I'm sure he will have much to say to me.

Bad indigestion while lifting today. Tasted my homemade pork but sandwich every squat rep

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  8. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Lolo Jones eating 9000 kcal bulking for the bobsled team and says, "My abs are still there. I'm still cut, just super solid." :rolleyes:

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

I honestly don't even know what that means.. flexion? where? :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Coldsnap

Thoracic spine. Like bending over on your way up.

How should i size those eastbay undies btw? If I want to squat in them.

11. mrchariybrown

Ooooooo thanks for clearing that up.

Just a lot of practice and muscular balance/imbalance (depending on how you look at it).

I don't really see Dan Green doing that unless he's going for reps (which tend to fatigue the lifter and might cause what bending over thing).

I think a really good example of what you're talking about is how Ben Rice squats. Very strong guy and weird squat technique but it works :)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

You might not see me doing it right now but I'm sure you might see it in the coming weeks where I go for singles with 600 and 635 leading up to my meet.

12. Coldsnap

Gotcha. I see Dan Green do them on really heavy reps. I guess it's something that happens when your really near your max. I try not to do it but I did triples today with a weight I haven't done for one and the last rep I went into a little flexion. Still some muscle imbalances like you say.

13. mrchariybrown

Yea, form getting thrown off a bit with max/near max weights is completely normal and expected when dealing with reps.

I promise you some funky stuff going on with 600+ in a couple weeks haha

14. Coldsnap

Hah. Best of luck, you got it!

15. Coldsnap

Is this GT? striking resemblance

16. suited

suited Well-Known Member

A significant % of people under 6ft and over 200lbs at a legitimate single digit BF are not natural. Believing anything else is naive.

17. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

200lb, SBF, manlet height, totally doable. You just need to believe.

1 person likes this.
  18. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Believe in what? That the gear you're buying is legit?

Sorry, I'll stop. I'm 5 10, if I can get myself down to 200lbs with 10% at the end of this bulk I'd be very, very happy. I'd probably need to get to like 250lbs first though

19. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

What did you weight before bulking and at what bf% were you?

You can do a very rough calculation by estimating that for every pound you put on, half is muscle and half is fat. For instance, if I am 11% at 180 now, that would leave me with 162 lbm. 200 pounds at 10% is 180 lbm. That means I would have to gain 20 lbs of lbm which would then be 40 pounds total (estimating that gains are half muscle half fat). 180+40 pounds= I would weigh 220 pounds with a bf% of 220/180= 22%. No thanks. This also doesn't take into the bulking problem of diminishing returns, which I've read starts somewhere around the mildly fatty stage, say 17-19%.

My long term goal is 200-215 at 10% but I def think I have to do a couple of bulk and cut cycles to get there.

20. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

As far as i remember they do in-season testing only, which is basically an invitation to dope.

That said, I dont really know if there are any effective anti-doping programs out there, from listening to interviews with olympic coaches and a bunch of the BALCO dudes it seems like the only people who get caught are a) not greasing the right palms b) stupid or c) unlucky.