1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

NC meet up at attitudenation

2. steveoffice

steveoffice Well-Known Member

not sure how it is in the uk, but in the us you can make over 200k after you pass all your exams + 10 years of experience. after 20 years over 300k. check the dwsimpson website for more info. career in analytics is also an option if you are in stats or math.

3. Coldsnap

Nice! I benched 200 yesterday. It's pretty much all traps, front delt, and tricep. After the meet I need to break the weight down to 135lbs and start benching right because I'll have a life time of shoulder problems if I don't fix my upper trap dominance and any sort of work that is making me move that way is just going to ingrain the muscles to be tighter. Shit sucks. At least I'll be squatting and pulling in the 300s, happy with that.

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

:confused:

i hope you forgot to include pecs there and aren't actually benching with your traps, delts and triceps.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. Coldsnap

Not a lot of pecs going on. It's pretty much a lying overhead press, sorta how Wendler benches. I'll fix it though, I was on the right track but went on an LP and pushed it a bit too far and went back to my old form ways.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Coldsnap

I'll read that over, thanks.

What sucks is if I had a decent bench I'd actually be posting an awesome total for someone only powerlifting for a year.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Im game!

9. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Well-Known Member

Nice place from looking at their website. Have you done any of their level I,II, or III classes?

10. Coldsnap

Nope. It seems like a good time but it's 3 days of Olympic Lifting, Gymnastics, and Powerlifting. I'd be super interested in the powerlifting parts with Travis Mash and Nuckolos but for $600...

11. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Well-Known Member

*sigh* Too bad my conference deadline already passed. I could have tried to request it for PD.

12. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

lmao massive bruises on my hips from the bottom of my belt and yesterday's squats. haven't had this shit since I did BJJ

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Pulled 455 today -- matches my previous best from last year while weighing 10lbs less. Came up pretty slow but kept with it and managed to lock it out.:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  14. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

That boxing gym's looking really good, GN.

Think I've said it before. but I'm gonna join a local olympic weightlifting & powerlifting gym as soon as this year is over. Super stoked about it.
    Supposedly is one of the best lifting organizations in Sweden with former world class lifters. The 2012 record holder for bench for the 110 kg weightclass, Stefan Jamroz, trains there.

[​IMG]

Some pics of the gym:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

Serious question... last couple days, everything tastes salty. Even water. Am I dying?

>inb4 nasal drainage

16. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Hah actually skipped the gym again last night to do some shoulder stretches. Woke up this morning at like 98%, happy with that choice for sure

17. Khayembii Communique

My sister is almost an actuary. You can make a lot of money, depending on what you do, but your hours can also be hectic. What specifically do you want to do and why do you think actuarial science or finance/stats combo will get you there?

18. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

That's a bot...he copied/paste what fuji said + added a link.

19. Khayembii Communique

lolol didn't even notice.

What happened to the t-shirt idea? Can we just agree on a simple design? Maybe just have "RHET" written on the front?

20. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

the name idea was ok but then we'd have to decide whos in the inner circle