1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

i.e. me 10yrs ago. Hopefully I'll look back when I'm 44 and be glad I started when I did. Thanks for the perspective.

2. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Massively shit few weeks for making gains. Had exam results, then amsterdam now I'm going to a fesival for a few days so I'll only have gotten in 7 sessions over 3 weeks, feels bad man. Pull up numbers have still gone up consistently over the last few weeks though. Hitting 15ish on wide grip, may buy a few plates for my house so I can do them weighted, but it'll probably tear my door frame. Lats are slowly becoming my most developed body part, they may even overshadow the quads soon.

Feel bad not posting pics of sloots like mark does, but the fear of getting detectived is too much. I have also been acquiring the older sloots, but not as old as mark, just like 25 or around there.

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

4. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

5. I<3Bacon

1 person likes this.
  6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

You fucking suck asshole

I think I'm back for good, and I look forward to making quality contributions such as this one again.

7. I<3Bacon

8. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I'm impressed that you're #23. All the best getting to #5. :slayer:

9. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Quest bars.

Happy Birthday!

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Happy birthday mark!

1 person likes this.
  11. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Happy birthday mark. Realize you're probably balls deep in an Italian lady right now.

Ahhhh deadlift day tomorrow! Gonna pull 2x8x345 and feel like a baws all day.

1 person likes this.
  12. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Yeah, happy Bday mark. You should celebrate with some really dirty birthday food. I ate a 2 lb cheesecake plus two burgers and two pizzas on my birthday. So good.

The deload last week was just what I needed. Making steady gains every workout on most lifts, esp legs, but I struggle with bench presses and sumo DLs.

With the sumos, I'm either not upright enough with the knees over the bar shifting the weight forward making lockout tough, or I'm upright with the knees in the right place but the back sort of rounds. I'm 6'3 so if I want to set up with a wide stance I almost drop the weights on my toes every rep. Get a weird feeling around the IT band when I reach down with the wide stance, like a nerve that gets crammed or something. Anyone have an idea what it can be?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Mark, good luck again on the #5!
    BTW speaking of starting lifting my nephew who's 15 just started lifting properly after coming to me (the 40+ or - :p Uncle!) a couple months ago, just squatted 75kg for 5 when he started 40 was a struggle....so proud!

14. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

good video on deadlifting by mark bell here:

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm like 95% sure I'll hit at least a 625 this November which should snag me the #5 spot.

You need to work on your hip mobility. Could also be lack of hamstring and/or groin flexibility.

A lot of people don't realize, but to get into the proper sumo pulling position, if you ain't got long arms, you need to be quite mobile to get down there proper.

16. mrchariybrown

17. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I found sumo position to be easier to get into. In conventional, I had more tendency to round my lower back out. Is this wrong?

18. mrchariybrown

The actual conv position or pulling from it?

19. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Getting into position. To be fair, I switched over rather quickly in the beginning of the year and never looked back, so it's possible it was also a factor of having never done a deadlift before that.

20. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I feel like a pussy for feeling proud of pulling 2x8x345 after watching that mark bell video

I like sumo. I had lower back rounding problems with conventional too that I dot have with sumo. My upper back rounds tho in sumo

Loving this cut tho. Should've bought a bodymedia type thing earlier. Eating like a pint of ice cream a day in addition to protein and I still stay like a thousand calories under.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013