• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol the vid is mega-embarassing so I took it down. I'm glad I finally saw just how ****** my form was...surprised I've been able to pull as much as I can like that. The movement doesn't feel unnatural nor is it painful, but it's painful to look at. I plan on doing just a couple weeks of 225 to focus on form before putting any serious weight on the bar.

joshuadowen

Reaction score
yes i know this i am a certified judge
there's a difference though in delivering the hips in the 2nd pull and pissing blood and having black thighs after each clean. namely it's the difference between good and ****** technique.
unless the dude wasn't talking about banging the bar out, if so then nevermind.

I said typical, not ideal.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God damn hips keep growing. If I measure my butt around my hips it's 41" and my waist is 36". I'm 5'7 too, i will never be aesthetic style mane. And i think my hips have grown out of jeans I bought a month ago :( These are a "work" fit too, not even slim.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well where I wear my jeans is more 34'-33". It's was that size when i was 150lbs olympic lifting LOL now that looked funny. But yea i guess there's plus to having strong hips, I've never had to reset my 531 numbers in squat and deadlift.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
That's a Terry Crews sized hip (without the black and jacked master race part though)

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^that's pretty much what I look light with my shirt off, black and all (i wish)

Charly what's your hip size?

I can't imagine anyone having a good deadlift and squat and not having large hips. I think it comes with the territory. I know knucks wears slightly larger jean size than me. I guess it comes a time when you turn into a full grown man and have to ditch the slim fits.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I out squat and deadlift you and I have a very small waist, still wear my 31 t-000s 32 weird guys are huge on my waist

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is this thing called wollfes law that says that your bones remodel to better handle repeated stress. I don't know if that explains why your hips widen but it is the reason why I dont do a lot of the very heavy lifts often or at all.

Style over substance :embar:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fuji I don't believe any of your #s. Even if you are hitting those numbers it's probably 3" above parallel, with knee wraps, belt, and terrible form. I'm interested in the longevity of my weightlifting career, sure I can do well over what I do now but that's not what I'm interested in. Even on my 1+ days I get five reps or more.

I wore a size 33 weird guys, although that fit is wack because of the short front rise. There's no skinny dudes that would fit into t-000s that are squatting and deadlifting good weights in my gym or any gym I've been to. I'm sure there's exception to the rules and if you're one of them more power to you.

Also don't you only front squat anyways?

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear size 33 t-00, maybe they look like **** lol, but I deadlift 365 with good form and about 380 buckling shaking and dragging the bar up my thighs but I'm also 6" taller than you i.e. muscle has more length to grow on, if that makes any sense I dunno maybe I'm lucky. I'm also cutting 75% of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads