1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

It's 2013 -- your phone has a camera on it.

2. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Well-Known Member

Does anybody here just really loath exercising, eating right and in moderation, and not having four alcoholic drinks a day?

1 person likes this.
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Yes, that's why this is called the "Random I Hate Health and Exercise Thoughts"..

3 people like this.
  4. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

Is this Goodlife? The manager at my gym approached me and asked if i was interested in being a trainer--I asked if I could do it part time and he said no, so I asked what a trainer makes and he told me i could make UP TO $35k in my first year so i LOLed in his face and said no thanks jeff.

The trainers they have there all suck anyway, they used to have one big provincially ranked powerlifter but he left to do something else and now its just DYEL twinks and people who know fuck all about lifting or training. Their "level 4 certified trainer" told me that belts were dangerous and useless as they don't actually support your spine. I had to explain to him how a belt was supposed to be used and what it does :teach:.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I feel so sorry for you guys :plain: Cereal day turned out ~4400cal, 530c, 131f, 270p, oh damn.... now I must repent.

What are your lifts at jarude? And I hope you sold that bench at least.

6. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

Weekend jacked me up in the best way possible. Ate what I wanted with a mindful eye on how much, didn't just gorge, took off a full ~4 days or so off from the gym, and went back in yesterday fresh. Felt really good.

Done with SS, happy with the results despite my decision to cut towards the end of the program. Ended up getting back to most current PRs despite losing ~10lbs or so thus far.

Now I'm on a 5/3/1 which day one was a nice change of pace. Not squatting 3 times a week is gonna feel weird, but I figured squat day + front squat will satisfy my squat tooth. Was so close to buying a prowler to push around, but realized the closest field is a church and they prob aren't gonna like me tearing up the field. I'm looking pretty DYEL, but hopefully I can start the slow bulk soon and it'll all be worth it.

7. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

The only big-box gyms I've had a membership to has been Bally's. Trainers at my location are really nice, but oddly enough it's only the women who seem to actually be in shape and interested in actual fitness. The men are on the opposite end of the spectrum. It pains me to hear things like "You honestly don't need to squat if you just hit the leg press. Pretty much the same thing." or "9 times out of 10 people end up hurting their backs doing deadlifts. It can cause permanent damage. Avoid those."

I paraphrased and left out the bro talk, but wow man. I kinda just rolled my eyes and kept quiet, but what's more sad than the trainers is people going into the gym looking for actual advice and listening to these goons. There's no way in hell any of these guys are certified and it's more like they Google random articles online and regurgitate information they found on BB.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

A couple months ago there was a big discussion about supplementing Zinc and Magnesium ITT. Curious if the guys who started it at that time have seen...*cough*...results.

1 person likes this.
  9. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

What was it supposed to do? I've been taking 100mg zinc per day since low t reading. Havent gotten new bloodwork yet though.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

My test... IT'S OVER 9,000!

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

For what it costs (as long as you don't buy ZMA from a supp store) why not take it? Just don't overdo the Magnesium or that stream will be brown and coming out the other side.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Oh, I do take it. And I fucking love it. Made cutting 10x easier.

14. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Love training, hate not being able to eat & drink what ever I want.

15. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

do you have a specific timing ie: post exercise, before bed or just whenever?

16. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I usually take all my supps(creatine, multi, fish oil, zinc and mag) with lunch..which ends up being post exercise.

17. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

I quit taking zinc when I read about the recommended dosages.

18. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

regarding the crossfit talk we had in here, i actually feel bad for some of these people. wtf? looks like someone can get seriously hurt

19. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

20. Nikolo

Nikolo Well-Known Member

^ I've seen that video awhile back, but I still can't believe the clamps that they use for the bars. Also, I feel bad for the people as they don't know any better. If they feel that they are getting their monies worth, than I guess it isn't so bad (Other than bad form).