1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Well-Known Member

Yeah send your butt back. It also looks like your knees are caving inwards. Push your knees out.

2. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Word guys, these are all things I know to do but they seem to fly out my head when im actually doing the movement. Maybe I should join the charly school of thought and ditch the earbuds.

Gonna try box-squats, and convince myself the box is a nasty toilet. boom.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Got an actual gym bag, no more backpack for me! Even fits my roller so I can start rolling at the gym right after lifting. Suuuuuuuuuper hyped. :slayer:

4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

Haha when it comes to rollers, and especially the rumble roller I always think the same thought, "Hurts so good"

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Mark you got a long way to go. Stick with it though! Have you thought about squat shoes? If you want to squat in chucks I'd squat like a geared lifter IMO.

6. milosh

milosh Well-Known Member

What does this mean?

7. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Long way to go in what sense? I'm not disagreeing just what do you mean haha

This too

8. Coldsnap

Wide stance, pushing hips back, keeping torso more upright. Think almost like a sumo squat. That's just my opinion from watching all the geared lifters in my gym who only lift in chucks and not oly shoes, they are doing the right htings.

You just look like your new to squatting, knees bending in and shooting onto your toes at the bottom, slow in places you should be fast :p Not hating, just saying keep with it and you will feel more confident and stronger under the bar.

9. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

See how he breaks @ hips first, and sinks his butt backwards like "trying to take a shit on a gross toilet."

also his knees are shoved out all the time.

Edit: This week was deload week. 105kg x 5 rockbottom high-bar squats for a single working set. I feel like superman haha.

10. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Well-Known Member

I've been reading Complete Human Performance website. The guy that runs it has a 610/445/705 sq/bench/dl record and has done marathons, ultramarathons and triathlons as well.

Jamie Lewis interviewed him on his blog too (NSFW), where he picks apart CBL/CNS. He's a IIFYM guy apparently.

1 person likes this.
  11. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Take your time on the descent. Begin with a hip break and just slowly lower the hips/butt backwards while keeping the weight in your heels and your chest up/back tight. If you feel that you're losing tightness in the lumbar spine or the weight is shifting, stop your descent and try again.

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

I read that article and it was completely unreferenced hyperbole while ranting against (sometimes poorly) referenced hyperbole. To describe it as "picks apart" gives it way too much undue credit.

The issue with CBL that most astute readers of internet diets will immediately notice is that it doesn't care to prescribe macros. That tells me that it is an incomplete blueprint of how to eat and must be combined with another method. IIFYM is macro based and lacks a timing component (I think), therefor matches perfectly with CBL which by and large simply recommends you focus your protein during the day and carbs post workout.

One of the dude's complaints is that sugar will give you diabetes and then he touts IIFYM, which may ironically utilize pure sugar as its carb source, one of the generalized complaints people have against it. Of course, there is no reason either diet needs to utilize pure sugar if you don't want it. The guy sounds more like a bio dropout than the biochem ph.d he is fronting to be.

13. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Bleh... cut calories back and feel like shit. Definitely affecting recovery.

14. Coldsnap

Visiting Florida next week and so excited to lift with old friends. Hopefully I will make some progress on my bench. Last time I was there in January my mom asked me seriously if I was on steroids, can't wait to see her reaction now because I'm 25lbs heavier and leaner than I was in January.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

a female colleague at work gave me a packet of some tea because apparently they're in the habit of collecting far too much for their own consumption. so to be courteous I brewed a cup.

holy fuck do people actually drink this shit? It's almost exactly like hot water, only with that subtle urine color so slightly more urine-y

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Srsly. Tea is shit, black coffee crew rep

1 person likes this.
  17. Coldsnap

Black coffee is the shit while tea is still awesome. I only drink coffee like once a week since I sleep like 12 hours a night, when I do now it's like I'm on fuckin speed. I also dont drink any soda, only occasional giner ale. So my caffeine hits me like a truck.

1 person likes this.
  18. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

I went from drip brew to aeropress and now I can't go without it. Anything less than a double shot or an Americano won't phase me.

Love my aeropress <3 thanks vlsi

2 people like this.
  19. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

No, you just have bad taste! Tea is delicious, especially when cold :slayer: I'm also a caffeine-oholic. Coffee in the morning, espressos in the day, caffeine pills before training...

20. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

wtf is aeropress?

Edit: Sorry Jarude but it looks like coffee for the poor/lazy dudes. Does it at least taste good?