1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Ordered some stuff for the in-progress home gym project... don't even have furniture yet.

2. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Nah never posted a squat video, only deads. I will post a video doing 4 plates for reps on deads or something when im back in cambridge and can use my nice eleiko bar with plenty of whip.

Fat jewish brah has went back to the states. He is in much better shape then when he left. He now has the mobility to hit depth and can do like 120kg for a single, pull 160kg and he benched 100kg for a few reps, which was pretty sick. He didn't do too bad coming off either, no bad sides. He got tonsillitis in the states and was given oxycodone by his doctors, literally wtf americah brahs.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  3. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Nothing against what the actor did, simply the article.

Aw man Jarude, that was pure gold 0/10, was hard to be serious while reading that at the office :nodding:

4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

Fat starting to melt away with the cut and I'm gonna be a skinny bitch soon. I've been highly optimistic about keeping up my numbers, but I feel the diet impacting my lifts already.

Yesterday's SS session was 330lbs Squat and I ended up dropping reps on the last two sets. 5, 4, 0 and decided against paying my debt since I still had DL next. 385 x5 DL was pretty cake still, but harder than before. Maybe it's all mental and I need to just man up. I got 3 more weeks of SS and it feels like it's gonna be tough if yesterday was an indicator.

Debating a reset by 15% or just trying again on Wednesday to muscle through the squats and other lifts.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

why are you running SS and cutting. That's a program that NEEDS a calorie surplus. I always refer to that rippetoe article where he states if your not gaining a lb a week while on SS you're doing it wrong.

6. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

I assume he's doing it to maintain strength and muscle rather than increase.

7. Tigerprawn

^ Pretty much. I was already 1/2 into SS and didn't want to drop it right away, and my numbers were still climbing during the cut. I'm so close to finishing might as well see it through and I feel it's helping me maintain what strength/muscle I've gained. However, in hindsight I should have kept going with the bulk through all of SS, but I got antsy.

Live and learn.

8. Coldsnap

Yea if its almost over might as well stick it out. When I eventually cut im just going to accept that my lifts will stay about the same or go down a bit. So im just going to do 531, skip the amrap and just do a ton of volume and sled pushing

9. Tigerprawn

Yup, that's my plan too after SS is done, but without the sled pushing. Although, you're making me want one.

10. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Well-Known Member

nm

11. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

What does sled pushing work out? my gym just got one.

12. Coldsnap

GPP I suppose. I always ignored it in 5/3/1 but yet again I've realized everything is in the program for a reason. I've read somewhere that sled pushing in 5/3/1 makes up for the 1 week frequency of squats and deadlifts, who knows. I've only been doing it for 3 weeks, actually some days I just run hills but that's similar. I can say that my legs are sore more often than they usually are.

13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Super focused on hitting the gym consistently now, started tightening down on my diet/tracking, too. I'm also writing down my reps from the previous time and using it as something to beat, whereas before I was just going "as hard as I could" without a goal. Definitely working harder to hit my last session's reps, though, haha.

14. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Get jefit app for your phone

15. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

So i just benched 325 for the first time in a year. I am contemplating buying a shirt and seeing how much i can bench assisted at a meet. My problem is i dont want to be that weirdo at a commercial gym wearing a shit load of powerlifting gear and i feel i would need a coach at some point.

Right now im 5'7 196lbs

16. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Would be advisable to have a training partner if your lifting in gear. Kind of dangerous to bench without one because of the possibility of falling out of your groove and i hear putting them on is quite hard. Miring bench though.

17. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

I don't have a training partner but i do max bench in a power rack that luckily has a pin placement exactly at chest level. There is a powerlifting gym a few towns away i should probably go to if this is a goal i am serious about accomplishing though so you are probably right.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

please post pics for coldsnap to jerk off to

19. Coldsnap

20. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

RHET HOF