1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

2. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

"Action men: Henry and his trainer Mark became very close as they pushed his body to new extremes"

4. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

I like how they keep using ''huge weights'' or how his dead lift form sucks big balls.

I liked the movie and he looked pretty good in it but it is quite surprising how special effects/good camera/etc. make them look way more awesome than reality. I mean, come on, pick any semi-serious bodybuilder, strength athlete or else and they would probably look better in the same circumstances. Obviously Henry Cavil is an actor but those articles are a bit too much.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

these stories about ppl getting into shape for their roles are lame as shit. it's as if all of them imply the only reason you'd step into a weightroom is to look good for your shirtless scene or whatever. not like some people dwell there because that's where they practice for their actual sport which they compete in. but i guess that's how most people view 'working out' whatever the fuck that even means.

and before you get all sandvagina'd on me, yes the guy is ripped, no i am not at his bf%, but i probably snatch more than him so whatever

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  6. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

fuck exams have destroyed my squat. Hit 140kg for a single and it felt pretty shit. Guessing it's mostly being out of practice, wasn't getting much out of my belt, upper back wasn't tight, the bar shook a lot on the descent and I just couldn't push myself as hard as I was. Oh well, anything for a first/ goldman. Can nearly do an overhead squat with my hands and feet touching. Managed to get both hands on the rough and do one, deep as fuck stretch in my upper back. Did some of those presses oly brahs do where you sit in a full squat and press behind your neck, felt good man. I'm wasting my mobility by squatting with a super wide powerlifting squat, i'd probably be better off squatting oly style, but with my leverages the ROM is ridiculous.

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Nah, though.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

For real, those pictures from daily mail are NOT jacked. Shame on anyone. My dad who never stepped into a weight room in his life but worked construction had a better physique at 30 than that.

9. virus646

Probably? Come on man, let's say that there's a high chance that it is true.

Fuji: I'm still waiting on those squatting videos of 150-200kg for reps that you were doing...

10. magro

magro Active Member

What do you guys use to keep track of eating (calories, macros, etc.) and exercises (recording sets, reps, weight), if anything?

11. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

There is a fitness center in the basement at OLP, was cheap and membership was quarterly. Worked great because I knew we wouldn't be there long, major downside was dumbells and nautilus only or a few months.

12. virus646

Exercises: a notebook and a pen. Yep, they do still exist!

2 people like this.
  13. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Training n sh*t s all fine, but what do u guys do when u get the munchies? I have that a lot lately and it suks. Just man the F up and put it out of your head?

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

This is complete bro science but every time I got munchies like that I usually take it as my body asking for a lot of calories so I just eat whatever, maybe I'm about to get sick or it needs some more calories to recover. This only happens like 1 a month and probably coincides with my heavy week. I just pig out and I'm happy with that. I could see this being dangerous if your metabolism and glycemic levels are not in check because most people have munchies like this every night before bed for that reason, so it can be a slippery slope.

16. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Tues., 18 June 2013
    The Onion

Serious weightlifters scoff at Superman workout feature; insist 'he is not that jacked'

Following the release of a workout video and news feature detailing "Man of Steel" actor Henry Cavill's workout routine, many regular posters in Styleforum's "Random Health and Exercise Thoughts" expressed cynicism towards Mr Cavill's physical accomplishments. "Bullshit. Total bullshit," sneered resident powerlifter mrchariybrown. "Does that phaggot even lift?" he phrased rhetorically in regards to the British actor, whose only reported motivation for working out was his contractual obligation to a Hollywood studio paying him millions of dollars. "I mean, here I am, squatting to regulation depth like a real man, and this sissy-boy is flexing his guns in a pair of tights" added the powerlifter, oblivious to the fact that an actor who only needed to look aesthetically appealing for his role could not possibly even aspire to meet the expectations of someone involved in a sport where people lifted 800lbs at once.

"Yeah, honestly" chimed in Finnish weightlifter Lagrangian. "Its almost like the media hyperbolizes anything remotely sexual in order to get their readership hot and bothered enough to read their shitty articles. Doesn't anyone know that lifting weights solely to look good is shameful in the eyes of Saint Klokov?" He went on to further complain about the sexualization of physical fitness while coincidentally using terms like "snatch" and "jerking" repeatedly in defence of his sport. French-Canadian lifter virus646 also expressed discontent in between mouthfuls of poutine: "C'est ce que fuck?" he asked. "I mean, he looked good, but come on. Anyone who is halfway serious about lifting would look better with all the special effects treatment he got" expressed the Canuck, implying that the physique of someone who literally had no reason to care about fitness other than to act in movies would be inferior to that of someone who passionately pursued the pastime to the point of it being an integral part of their lifestyle, if not a defining part of their identity.

Sources confirmed that that all of the above posters had deeply-rooted intrinsic motivation for various lifting-related pursuits, putting them at ethical odds with the evidently pitifully-shaped Cavill. Furthermore, sources also revealed that serious devotees of literally any pastime enjoyed by humans in the history of time would be offended by the gross over-simplification and apparent dismissal made by mainstream media of their pastime, and by extension, their own personal accomplishments. Other posters, however, expressed admiration with the dashing Brit. "Thick. Solid. Tight." said D.C. resident gort. "Seriously mirin dat superman aesthetic," agreed the Aryan jarude. "Time for a chest/shrug/delt split," added Towers, making a backhanded compliment at the evident upper-body focus of the actor's routine.

When reached for comment, Cavill momentarily appeared confused as he swam in his pool full of money while surrounded by the ensemble of Victoria's Secret Angels. "Oh, that? I mean, I thought people would understand that the media tended to blow things out of proportion. Not to mention the vast majority of the physically inactive and pear-shaped population would no doubt be impressed or maybe even motivated by my relatively above-average accomplishments. You know, or the fact that I'm fucking Superman and anything tangentially related to the movie would boost readership and line that shitty paper's coffers. Oh well." With that, he donned a gorilla mask and said cryptically, "hush now, RHET. No jimmies now, only dreams" before rejoining the supermodels, many of whom were giggling and whispering to one another about how he must work out.

14 people like this.
  17. gort

gort Well-Known Member

18. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

I can tell that's fake because he's dating former punching bag Gina car and, not a bunch of Victoria secret models.

1 person likes this.
  19. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Squatted 170kg for a triple and I think it was like 127.5kgx20 and about 155kg for 8. I've posted lifting videos before. Posted 140kgx20 on deads because someone said coldsnaps lifts were higher then mine or something and I think I did one of much heavier deads too. Liftings not very important to me right now because it's summer, i'll get back into properly in the fall.

Do not understand the russling over superman, guy got in the shape he needed to be in for the film. He didn't need to look like an elite powerlifter. Also in one of the photos on daily mail it looks like he's pulling in the low 400s without a belt, which is still higher then a lot of the people in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  20. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Ummm... You serious?

I don't recall any videos showing you squatting those weights. Not calling you out but the only videos I remember were one with a really bad angle and another that was private or sent in a PM or something like that.