1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

if you're injured take care of yourself. Don't bench if your wrist can't handle it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I had a real good workout w/some mild elbow tendonitis today

Went kayaking Sunday. Arms apparently need 48hrs after any kind of physical activity

3. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Well-Known Member

Also, very gassy.

4. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

As Rippletits said, you might even start shitting cheese.

5. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

TBH been deloading (do 1x5 instead of 3x5) every 4th week. But still making progress. Does this mean I'm still a novice. :embar:

6. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Just saw man of steel, +1 on cavill looking thick solid and tight. Juicy delts and traps, no legs but hey he needs to look svelte in tights I guess.

Need that superman aesthetic; I should just train upper back erryday. I think mean traps give the impression of swole more than anything else

7. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

170lb at like 8-10% bf at your height would be pretty big man. You don't get too many natural pros at over like 190lb.

Louie Simmons is hilarious, I love when he talks up "physics" F=MA physics brah.

8. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Dom does not look that big or strong, but his actual strength and abilities always impress me

1 person likes this.
  9. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Pretty sure CS is gonna follow a continuous cycle of hitting his target weight, cutting for a few days, then deciding he wants to go up another 15 pounds, because real men can't fit in any clothes, brah. Jaaacked.

10. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

#Repsforjesus

1 person likes this.
  11. speedy4500

speedy4500 Well-Known Member

It's been about 18 weeks since the sprain. I literally did not hold a barbell in my hands for 4 weeks. Then empty barbell for 2 weeks. 8 weeks after injury I pressed 100 lbs for first time. I did not and do not use wraps; bones and ligaments need to be stressed for proper reconstruction and growth. I did use a brace for the first 2 weeks though.

12. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

Join me on a bulk to 230, my programming will look like this;
    A) side lat raise, bench press, shrug
    B) shrug, bench, side lat raise
    C) bench, side lat raise, shrug

3 days on, one day off (for recovery).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

My gym had a benchpress challenge going on today. 50% BW for reps in 2 minutes

I had just finished my max effort squats when they said it was on so i was pretty knackered but i got 48 reps out. If it's still on next week i'll give it another go when i'm fresh

14. gort

gort Well-Known Member

15. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

done, needs more shrugs though. also read that he was eating 5k cals a day, guess i need to get on dat superman bulk too.

re: london: :laugh: huron and highbury, no wonder you had a bad impression of the city. talk about shit area, but one london place is okay-ish - i worked at citiplaza before i got canned. i got some of my home setup at the play-it-again sports at the corner of huron + highbury, got a bench and some other stuff for a song. what gym were you at when you were here?

which is a shame, he had a great physique for the "jacked hollywood superhero" role. i mean you look at tom hardy/bane and it gave the impression that he was all "shit brb gotta bulk for movie" and while his look suited the role, it wasn't exactly impressive in the grand scheme of things. with that being said i do want bane traps.

obviously lifting means different things to different people, and his career will dictate what he needs to look like, but man i can't imagine just flushing all that down the drain.

16. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

sup rhet brahs, lets play "trailer full of gym equipment wars"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all in all:

205lb olympic plates, 195lb standard plates
    standard 7" straight bar, ez bar, db handles
    nautilus smith machine with rope, angled bar, stirrups, etc.
    adjustable bench w/ leg thingy
    junk weider bench that came with a pulldown, so i have another pulley to macguyver into something... also had a preacher attachment which is nice, will throw on my current bench
    box full of random ish like a nice weider belt, random pulldown attachments, etc

turns out smith machines are fucking heavy, took me three hours to get everything broken down and packed up. anyways, guess the price, whoever gets closest without going over gets a bro-shirt since GN didn't respond to my PM about slutty v-neck tshirts.

smith machine temporarily setup at bro-in-law's farm while i find more space

[​IMG]

i seriously dgaf about the smith part, but the cable setup is money. they are plate-loaded and they ride really smooth - this may not seem like a big deal but nice pulleys are hard to come by; pretty much any entry-level equipment is going to be crap, especially selectorized weight stacks. just need a bar that i'll be able to link both cables to at once so i can get both working at the same time for when i need it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  17. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

$200 all in.

18. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

19. Aidan K

Aidan K Well-Known Member