1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Damn thats a lot of money

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Gotta pay to play!

Or you can just wear sweats and ball shorts everywhere. Which is always a comfortable option.

3. Coldsnap

well if you ever grow out of yours lmk brutha

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Haha might be a while but okay. You should've jumped on two pairs of drop crotch pants I sold a couple days ago.. let them go for dirt cheap.

5. Coldsnap

Yea I shoulda gave one a shot :(

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

You should check out Hope Indy pants

Anyway I can get rid of DOMS in 1 to 1.5 hours? Did pullthroughs 2 nights ago for the first time and my inner thigh/crotch area is killing me. Trying to hit 275 on the DL tonight, again

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  7. Coldsnap

I was just gonna ask you toasty, you seem like you always on the hunt for that aesthetic on the cheap. I wish Uniqlo would just release a line like that.

Not really, about the DOMS. Usually it should stop being sore while your working out, but if its bad enough that it's affecting your lifts then you need to recover better or leave a day between those types of lifts.

8. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Try doing a little active recovery in between big lifts if you want to speed things up a bit. Jump-rope or stair master for 10 minutes should set you straight long enough for it to be a non-factor during the workout. That and foam rolling/mobilizing areas with a Lacrosse ball has done wonders for me.

Also, anecdotal, but spending some time in the steam room after the gym really helps my DOMS personally.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  9. tarudude

tarudude Member

Hey guys, I was wondering how many days most of you take off during a week when performing heavy lifting with multiple muscle groups on each day. I usually work two different muscle groups each day for 3 days and then rest for a day and then repeat. How do your guys workout schedule compare? and is mine efficient?

10. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

How'd it go? I've been stalling on bench and dead lately...

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Back on Ft. Sam for the weekend after a week of field training. So excited to hit the gym but scared to see how much strength I've lost over the past week. It's been mid-90s and high humidity all week, I've been lugging around about 100 pounds of gear on my body, and I haven't really been able to lift or eat. We'll see how it goes!

12. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  13. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

oh no not the celebrity gear debate again, looks aesthetic though. cant assess legs though

btw towers what part of canada??

14. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

Legs were ok, not neglected but you could tell the focus was on getting his upper body (lats, shoulders, traps, chest) to look big.

Southwest Ontario (waterloo).

15. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

Hit 8 x 225 on bench last night, new rep PR. Had a dude spot me who was lean but highly jacked. He told me that I should be doing something called a "J Hook" on my bench "Arnold used to do it" and while I wouldn't be able to press a much, it would develop my chest more. Any idea what he is talking about?

16. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

17. Axelman 17

It had to do with the bar path on a bench press. I think the idea is to make a J with the bar instead of going straight up and down. I really need someone who knows what they are doing to critique my form.

18. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

hilarious, im in london. was thinking about waterloo for undergrad but stayed here, now im regretting it because the job market is shit in these parts

i dont think the weights used for bench pressing and jm pressing for reps are even comparable. im pretty sure its just some stupid bro-science tip given the reasoning was "arnold did it."

i would venture a guess that the reason this dude was jacked and lean was because of the 99% rest of his training and diet rather than the bar path on his bench press

19. Axelman 17

Yes, it sounded like broscience but figured I would ask. I am still not sure my bar path is particularly good.

Elbow sleeves have helped tremendously with my tennis elbow. Still get pain doing menial shit around the house but can lift no problem. Probably not a long term solution though.

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

lollll

i thought i'd take a nap but ended up knocking out. going to go in a bit.

hitting the gym early in the day on the saturday morning. that's a first. wonder who will be there..i hope it is empty