1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Those Gap "Deep V" are my favorite t shirts ever, they where on sale for 14 bucks a pop and I stocked up on them.

2. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

I had a solo SS session today since everyone was busy or wasn't up to it. Been a long time since I've had a solo gym session, but I was hyped for some reason.

Ended up shutting down all the lifts. Being on a cut is starting to show a little though.

320 Squat 3x5 - Last set I had to fuckin Matrix the last 3 reps, but got it up after a lot of yelling and swearing.
    375 DL 1x5 - Still pretty easy peasy. Didn't stall or have to grind super hard to get it up. Getting close to my 1x5 PR soon.
    180 Bench - One of my weakest, but I'm finally learning real form and doing it proper. Getting a lot of noob gains outta it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

+1 on tailored clothing not looking good on built guys.
    At the end of my bulk last fall, I noticed I looked far better in t-shirts than any button up shirt, and I'm not big for my height. Had like a 42" chest with a 33ish waist and 34" hip. Grew out of my Uniqlo OCBDs in M but after cutting they fit well again.

Gonna get onto dat loose, drapey clothing as I bulk up. No more worries about stuff fitting "perfect". Been looking at Damir Doma and the likes lately [​IMG]

Also, I've noticed I have far less external rotation in my right arm. I guess this has to do with me being right handed and performing lots of stuff all day with that arm in internal rotation (writing, using a mouse, brushing teeth, etc)?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

Probably. It's pretty unlikely that your glenoid/humerus (bone structure) varies from each side that the rotation is limited - more likely that your rotator cuff is tight since as you said it's always internally rotated. Do you do any rotator cuff exercises? Ie Cable external rotation?

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

how much u want for them?

6. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Someone needs to post that pic of Ronnie Coleman in a suit.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Well, it's not always internally rotated. I have pretty good posture but there a visual difference side to side how retracted the shoulders are.

I do banded ext rotations during my warm up routine for benching and a whole bunch of other stuff, such as soft tissue work and mobility drills. I can get around 45 degrees of ext rotation on my right arm while keeping the elbow to the ribs while the left goes to about 60-70 degrees. Guess I just have to do a lot more work on the right...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Squat day was last night went really easy so I focused on driving with my ass more than my quads, and I can feel it a lot more today. 2x5x300, right where I left off when I stopped lifting. Can't wait to get to 3 plates in 15 lbs, then 2xBW, which will be a lot sooner than I thought if I can get down another 10 lbs. :slayer:

9. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

I just made a 'mock DL' vid to see what exactly is going on with my back throughout the DL movement as I'm a little worried.
    Any thoughts would be very welcome.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

You need to set your lumbar spine into neutral or set it in good lumbar extension. I'd like to see a video with weight, because it might not be a problem or it might be worse.

11. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

I'll see next time I go to the gym. From back and side?
    Guess I be doing this a lot from now on :rotflmao:

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

man after watching that video i really feel like i should do more research on mobility work.

13. Coldsnap

From the side, or at a side / front angle. It helps, I filmed all my lifts for like the past 4 months and let my friends and past trainers pick them apart for ways I could improve.

1 person likes this.
  14. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

We do that regularly too and it surely helps a lot! Filming a lift shirtless at the gym is gonna be weird and look douchey, even if its for a 'good reason'. I'll see if I can figure something out.

15. Coldsnap

On another note, I talked down the owner of this strength and conditioning gym near me from $200 a month to $100 a month. I would have to work out around noon and when I compete it's under his gym.. Not really sure if I want to pay that much. But I would have access to way better equipment and environment.

16. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

100$ a month is still a lot, I think. But as fanatic as you are it may well be worth the investment if you get good equipment and a high lvl of expertise in return.

17. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

If there are good trainers in the gym, I would do it. And by good trainer I mean stronger than you with an history of successful strength athletes. Other than that, I don't think good equipment is worth 100/months.

18. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

My problem with clothes is pants. Specifically denim. I don't even own a pair anymore. Stretchy pants and sweats for awhile now.

I should try to research denim options, but it'd be a waste if I keep getting bigger.

19. Coldsnap

I'm stronger than all the coaches there. Which is one negative, I work out with stronger people at my current gym BUT the past two months have been dead in there and I've been mostly lifting a lone. I'd have access to in list of importance: AC (getting fuckin hot here in Raleigh), Elite FTS power rack with pins for band stuff, reverse hyper, sled and yoke with strip of astroturf to push it.

Yea.. $100 is a lot per month. I pay $32 right now which is still a lot for what I get imo. dammit

20. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I should really get into yoga. Seems like the benefits outweighs the girly connotations...

2 people like this.