1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Depends on a lot of things. During good mornings, not a good thing. During deadlifts.. depends on your pulling style.

2. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Hm, I've started doing Gms again due to my lockout fails. Pulling style... did u see the attempt i posted earlier? any thougts?

-edit-
    page 1984

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Couldn't it be a flexibility / mobility issue?

Can you squat a couple of inches below parallel without rounding the lower back?

Since your posture isn't optimal lacking mobility seems likely.

4. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Butt wink you mean, when squatting? I'll make a vid. on friday to check but as far as I know I dont have much of a problem there.
    I need more flexibility for sure when it comes to DLs and squats but I dont think thats the cause of this hunch(lower)back.

5. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Buy some fat grips if you want bigger forearms, swear mine have gotten a tiny bit bigger after a few session. Did 5x10 with 60kg on deadlifts using them today. Was absolutely brutal. It's weird the weight starts moving really slow as your forearms get sore, being less then 30% of my max 60kg should fly up, but it started moving really slowly off the floor.

[​IMG]

You mirin asian mobility?

6. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

^I am definitely mirin that mobility. You cunt.

I find it hard to believe that Crat lacks the flexibility to deadlift properly. You don't need much.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

That is mobility? I'm sorry but that seems pretty natural (I'm Asian) =\

With weights it is a different thing though TBH. I mean I hit hit parallel or below but getting up is a different story.

8. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Should I post a photo doing it with my feet touching each other 1" away from the wall with my back touching the wall doing an overhead squat with a clean grip appropriate for a 4'8" child to make the feels worse?

Yeah its just standard because we have teh asian. Except most that i've met can't do it with their feet together and heels on the floor.

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

If you do your GM's with that back position, you need to revamp that. Keep that back flat to engage your hamstrings and glutes more.

Could most definitely be mobility.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

That's def not erectors, I'd see a chiro if that was me.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

:fu:

12. Kuki

Kuki Well-Known Member

Where to get oxfords for swole people? I don't fit into uniqlo large. Also, t shirt recs please preferably u neck or loose crew neck.

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

and dont we know this

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

15. Coldsnap

I grew out of Uniqlo large too. I've had to go made to measure. Gitman Vintage large fits OK, but I can get a MTM shirt cheaper with just as good materials made in america.
    I use these guys -
    http://www.ratioclothing.com/

16. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

TBH even if you get shirts tailored to fit you perfectly, there's a point at which tailored clothing just stops looking good. Especially those dudes with 10+ inch drops...

better off looking at clothing that hangs and drapes rather than aims to define shape

17. Coldsnap

no there's just a point where clothing stops looking good. then you devolve into tank tops and 7" inseam shorts. Right now I have a pair of MTM selvedge pants and a MTM flannel and that's about all that fits me, if I'm not wearing that I'm wearing a v neck white shirt and these patagonia stand up shorts (which are fuckin awesome). I see your point about MTM though if you're meaning a tailored fit, i try to avoid anything that's tailored or tight now and made my MTM items a bit larger in measurments than my actual measurements dictate.

18. APK

APK Well-Known Member

How the heck did you grow out of a Uniqlo large already? I recall you posting some pics with the flannels and the shoulders draping quite a bit. Chest on those babies was something like 22", too. Where exactly did you grow out of them?

19. Coldsnap

My arms are too big for anything Uniqlo, chest pulls on larges, shoulders actually fit nice but that's bc I have narrow shoulders, and when I sit down the back of their shirts are tight. Yea that flannel was a Medium actually too back in November maybe? I was 170ish there, I'm 200lbs now. I actually pulled that flannel out of a trash bag under my bed last week, couldn't get my arm through the sleeve. I think Uniqlo is getting more tapered though, because I went to a store for the first time in March and I was like 185 then didn't feel too big and I legit couldn't fit into anything. Got pissed and cursed the company off.

20. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

On that note I have some slutty neck gap Pima tees for someone who is a medium. Not really big on the aggressive v necks anymore