1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I will post mine if you post yours

Wait :uhoh:

2 people like this.
  2. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

ridiculous forearm doms today, trying to get tooth paste out of the dispenser even hurts.

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

just remember to floss it's more important anyways

4. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Had bloodwork done... test came in low... no surprises there really :(

5. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

man are deficit deads and paused squats humbling :(

just think of the gainzzz when you get it sorted out though :)

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

paused front squats are the only thing I hate more than pulls which I hate passionately.

also taught some crossfitters how to snatch (well, at least better, no one learns in an hour), those happy feels when someone actually is thankful for what you say and improves.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Front Squatting 185 again for sets of 8. I get done and feel dat leg day springiness. Feels good to be getting back into the swing of thing.

8. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

lol, my front squat is like 5kgs heavier than my hang cleans.

Shows how posterior dominant I am. Rip has a lot to answer for...

Not really actually, I've always been like that and I think it only matters in regards to oly weightlifting. Certainly my rugby was never effected by having that balance. It's just not a good set-up now that I'm learning the oly stuff.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Speaking of front squats, I've been doing SSB squats 5 x 10 after my 5/3/1 squats and they have been fucking destroying me. All I've today today is eat junk food / protein and sleep, think i slept like 17 hours because of yesterdays squat session. I'm having a really hard time balancing out recovery, training economy and diet. I never had to worry about this stuff before but now that my weights are heavier if I go for 9+ on my 5+ 5/3/1 day in deadlifts it will affect how much I can get out of my squats on Friday. I guess the answer is to eat more, start adding carbs on off days and when it gets too much only press one lift a week like 5/3/1 for powerlifting suggests.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Is it worth the money to actually buy a Concept 2 or similar to it for my own? 40 minutes of erg machine is one thing that I actually enjoy at the gym..

11. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

only you can decide if its worth it, just dont pay full retail for gym equipment. craigslist/kijiji is where you capitalize on other people's failed resolutions.

1 person likes this.
  12. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

"just trying to avoid all these fucking filthy peasants that are clawing at my ankles trying to steal my gains"

so good

5 people like this.
  13. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

"Don't waste precious mirror space with useless stuff like being ugly" also good.

Thanks for that one, Eason : )

14. Mr Rainy

Mr Rainy Member

Just ran my first official 10k two days ago. I was pleased with the results and man, did it feel good!

1 person likes this.
  15. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

the cardio monster is gonna eat all your gainz brah

jk man, 10k is a good feel. good job

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  16. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of seriously dropping the poundage and doing very high rep close stance front squats with three second negatives. My patella has been tender and warm to the touch as I seriously started pushing my 1rm and I am hoping I can keep gains going while giving my ligaments and tendons a bit of a rest.

17. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Maybe go for triples instead

18. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

Maybe I could scale back starting with triples. i definitely have something weird going on. Both of my quads (the outer sweep portion) have been numb for a while and now my left patella is tender. I noticed that i tend to put most of my weight on my left leg while at work so maybe it is an over use inflammation situation.

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Greetings from San Antonio!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I had pain and tenderness around that area too a few weeks ago, especially during the squat. Didn't want to fuck around with it so I immediately went and got an ART session and Russian EMS on it. Went away after a session thankffully.