1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Man, just drink, have a few beers and don't get plastered all the time.

Some of you guys really like to over think very minute things.

1 person likes this.
  2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

WTF is the point of that.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I used IF to cut about 15 lbs while injured last summer. Maintenence on workout days, -20% TDEE on rest days. RPT for my workout.

Wouldn't mind losing the 5 lbs i've gained back + a little more to to get TK shredded but I'm more focused on being active/physical therapy/maintaining what i've got/building back my legs (I lost a lot of weight there because I could only do iso leg work with the injury).

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

When I was wearing bodybugg, my workouts would burn about 350 calories in a 1 hour weight lifting session.

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the calories spent sitting in front of a computer for an hour wouldn't be much less than that.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I never sweat those epic cheat meals. My training is always in check so I figure its my body saying yo bro feed me some caloric heavy nasty shit so I can recover quicker.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Would you hit it? Theyve been slacking though.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Yea is it counting total activity or just activity above base calories (how would it even know your base calories)

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

350 calories above my baseline

10. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Calorie counting is fo suckas, dropped near 20lbs without it

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you went from fat to still kind of fat.

12. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

hehe lol. By your standards probably everyone here is fat :laugh:

If you count long enough you'll eventually get anidea of what you're eating without counting every single bit of consumed food.

I've also been doing LG/IF for a few years now, GraphicN. I like not having to worry about food all day and then pig out post training.

Any RHETers on fitocracy?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  13. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

I would estimate ~10% by now :nodding: another 5lbs or so and I will be you last year

Hell, may as well: http://tinypic.com/r/9knyf4/5

Am bad at the guessing, where does rhet think I was there? No, dyel% doesn't count

I track my intake and macros and weigh/measure etc still, I just find counting cals to be dreadful

1 person likes this.
  14. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Yeah, about 10% sounds right. Just saiyan...you're going to have a hell of a time getting below that and preserving any muscle mass if you don't track calories.

1 person likes this.
  15. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

10% would be my guess too. Not good at this either.

16. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

A friend of my girlfriend's is quite fat, but she exercises a lot. A bunch of crossfit, which I think is kinda a waste of time if you want to actually do weights, but it still should burn a lot of calories.

Anyway, she's constantly saying shit like "I just have to listen to my body" and "I actually need to eat more to help me lose weight" (!).

With a fucking straight face.

It is so difficult for me to stop laughing.

17. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

My BodyBugg reads roughly 1.8 to 2.2 calories per minute while I'm sitting down, completely relaxed, with a low pulse. That's about 120 calories per hour, so no.

My typical lifting session has me burning around 400-450 calories in 1.5 hours. If you subtract the calories I would burn while not doing anything in that time, I burn an additional 250 or so during the workout ((400 + 450) / 2) - (120*1.5). Yeah, a bit technical but you get the idea.

18. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Yup. Truth.

I got from 15 to 10% bf really fast, like after a month or so of cutting. My workouts were still great and I didn't have any issues on my general well being.
    Going down to 7% or wherever I ended up from there took a lot of more effort and time. I had to sleep and rest more or I would be a giant mess. Noticed problems with concentration and some lifts stalled. Also had to start doing early morning walks to lose the last fat.
    And I measured everything I ate with very calculated macros, refeeds while using a BodyBugg.

19. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

I beg to differ, like I said, I track my intake, just not by counting every last calorie

Portion counting, friends... There is value in using calorie counters to figure out a starting point but bodybugg etc is a little over the top IMO in terms of effort versus return.

If I keep my intake consistent portion wise and either subtract a certain serving or increase activity, I lose weight. Weight loss stalls, drop another serving/add more activity. Putting everything into a calorie counter and quantifying my daily expended calories is unsustainable... Are you going to pay a bodybugg subscription for the rest of your life? No; at some point you have to accept that guys have been getting swole n shredded without the internet for half a century using shit simple ideas. No reason why we have to quantify every last everything down to a perfect macro split every night when I can cut or bulk largely relying on common sense.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I wish I could have a stomach drop like jarude and remain strong. But genetics and all the damn hip and core work I do = a thick big midsection