1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. AustinYun

AustinYun Member

God damn, that's some real shit. My PRs qualify for class IV... But I've never been to an actual meet and I'm not sure I could hit enough all on the same day LOL.

Ah well, some day I'm definitely going to one.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Not sure what I was overall. But there was a 198 there already with a previous pro total. I entered in as an amateur but I totaled pro so they moved me up to the pro division at the end. That guy ended up with a 1,550 total.

2 people like this.
  3. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

awesome fucking shit man. congrats on the meet PR's and too bad on the misses but now you'll have more fuel for the fire for next time.

time for me to shut the fuck up and train harder, inspiring stuff, thanks

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Won physique, got second in middleweight in bodybuilding(outta two lol)

8 people like this.
  5. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Wow. Nice lifts Charly. Intense arch on the benching. Shame about the squat and DL but I'm confident you'll increase those numbers very soon.

While on the topic, I just found out there's a weightlifting club in my town. They have their own gym and hold meets every now and then. Seems super cool. The members fee for training is very cheap too (about half of what I pay now at the fancy new built gym I go to) and includes coaching on the main lifts from the old regulars there. Looked up some pics of it and looks like a proper place to train with lots of power racks, barbells and semi fat middle age weightlifters [​IMG]

The problem is that they only offer annual member ships and being half way through the year already, it'd be expensive to join now. On the plus, that leaves me with some time to bulk up and increase my number until I join next year so I don't embarrass myself with my current lifts.

6. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

guys TK sent me pics of himself right before his comp

[​IMG]

if you would have cut that hair you woulda scored first for real

jokes aside nice job man! how many pitiful dyels did you slay in physique?

bulk time?

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  7. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

Congrats guys. Chariy, I really thought you had the 585 squat, was screaming at the video.

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

mrchariybrown Congrats, man, but tell us about what you ate after weighing in!

9. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Congrats guys.

Also...

jfc

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Nice Chariy! Congratulations on going elite.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Man great stuff on both counts, proud of you guys

12. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

+ a million.

Good work, guys. It's been great following your prep and progress. Impressive and definitely inspiring.

:cheers:

13. mrchariybrown

I deserved to miss that given how deep I took it haha. Next competition, I'll take that 585 for an easy second attempt.

A lot of pedialyte and pizza lol

Haha yea FINALLY! Thanks man.

Thanks. Arch could be bigger. Something I'll work on for my next meet. Looking for at least a 405 for my next meet.

Yea, those misses weren't ideal but I'll take 7/9 :)

Thanks CTK.

Thanks!

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

And now we wait for the TK pics to fap to...

15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Just did my first uni exam. Was accounting so it's pretty easy, hoping to get like 70-80%.

16. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

A few comp pics! Will post direct links instead of embed since they're large and I don't feel like resizing:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/971092_2470768099701_1323677734_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969533_660915217257956_1822019186_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385277_660915150591296_2050864088_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485528_660915557257922_247011024_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575550_660915457257932_1823077918_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581774_660913987258079_949053638_n.jpg

The last one shows me in a rear relaxed next to the guy who beat me. It seems the judges prefered size over definition in this, as in all the weight classes the bigger guys were beating guys who came in leaner. He looked great though and was a really nice guy(his calves were super juicy too!)

Last edited: May 20, 2013
    5 people like this.
  17. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

18. mrchariybrown

Nice showing for your first comp man! Awesome work. When do you think your next one will be?

Going to join me up in the 225/230's? :)

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  19. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I weighed in at 175.

TBH, the other guy had better...stage presence...I guess. He smiled more during his poses and got the crowd more involved. His family/friends were much more vocal too. His calves and pecs were better than mine, for sure. But in the end I'm still happy with my performance and super motivated to improve. I went in with the mindset of competing with myself and I think I won in that regard. Next time I'm going for 1st Overall.:slayer:

20. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think I'll wait until next spring to compete again since I feel I have a good amount of work to be done on my physique and I have a ton of travel this fall.

Doubt I'll get up that heavy, lol. One thing I learned this prep is that it's miserable to cut for 5 straight months. My plan is to not get more than 20 pounds away from stage weight so I can do a whole prep in 12 weeks. Hoping next year to compete at around 180, so that means I'll prob bulk up to 200 this fall. Contemplating doing a PL meet in the fall, too. Definitely going to do a lot of strength training -- will likely use that program you posted.