1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

didn't realize you served. We had a couple of guys like this when I did my national service, it was lolworthy when these guys realized that they brought all this shit and weren't allowed to use any of it anywhere as per regulations. Granted, it's much different here, but I guess the wnb-military douche is a global phenomenon.

also just watched moneyball, best part of the movie is the 5 second clip where the economist runs stata code.. i almost cried.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Yeah it was pretty fun overall. We paraded in Norway with the HMKG once. Not Finland but close~

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Doing a final refeed before peak week. Shooting for 175g protein, 500g carbs, 30g fats for a cool 3000 cals.

4. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

Add zombie appocolypse survival gear and you have a multi million dollar company.

1 person likes this.
  5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Think I might start running hills / pushing a prowler instead of my 45 minute walks. I always sort of ignored it in 5/3/1 but now I'm understanding why it's written into that program specifically. I will have to increase calories to make up for extra workload, no doubt.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Just had chipotle and second bite in there is this long hair that takes some pulling to yank out. Tossed it and proceeded to eat the burrito telling myself I can't throw all this food away. I was already home btw catching the game today. Think this will be my last run to chipotle. Ahould have sent with my initial meal of two double-meat protein burgers and well done fries from in-n-out.

:fu:

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I'd be pissed. I have been dreaming all day about my Chipotle burrito I will have tomorrow. Fucking hate going 0 carbs on weekends.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Wat, just boil water, throw in tea packets, and let sit in the fridge overnight?

9. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Pretty much. About 10 bags will be good for a gallon. I need to get back on this. It helps break up the monotony of drinking lots of water.

10. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i find loose leaves are cheaper

1 person likes this.
  11. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

dont let the bags sit in for too long, otherwise you get that nasty tannin/leather taste that sits on your tongue. ive tried for a long time to make a good chilled green tea but i always fail.

2 people like this.
  12. indesertum

i find 8 hours in the fridge is good enough. also wouldnt do boiling water.

ive tried stuff like room temperature water overnight, but cold water 8 hours in the fridge seems to work best with like a tsp of green tea per 8 oz water

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

On warm sunny days I place green tea tea bags in a pitcher of cold water and leave it outside for a few hours then refrigerate.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Sounds like the consensus is 8-10 tea bags in a gallon of cold water overnight. I should try this, it'd let me cut out green tea capsules and break up monotony of drinking water all morning now that I'm not drinking coffee.

TKJTG when's your comp?

16. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Sunday.

Fuarkkkkkk

17. gort

gort Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

My transition from strict cut to bulk has been pretty dirty so far.

Broke the cut with my 7000 cal binge day last week, ate cakes and sweets this weekend when I went home to celebrate my birthday with the family, and today the pizza joint called me said I'm their weekly lottery winner and that they'll give me a pizza for free.

Love to eat this stuff but i hope i don't fall into bad habits. At least I'll get good gains

19. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

This elbow tendinitis is brutal. I thought it was only an issue when doing heavy bench work but it hit me hard doing pulling work on Saturday. I think I am going to take some time off from upper body work in general and just rest, stretch and ice. I hate taking time off from the gym but probably the right approach.

20. indesertum

best thing i think health wise would be to drink matcha where you drink the tea leaves (powdered) and all.