1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Lol just saw this shit on craigslist...

[​IMG]

"CrossFit jump boxes" for $125... is there a big market for ripping off crossfitters with plywood and 2x4s? Count me in!

2. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I know, which is why it would be nice if some of you "brahs" coud offer some advice.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Mark do IASBR it's pretty evenly balanced. Though i'm not sure you've ridden out your 5x5 linear gains yet

4. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

What's that stand for? Google is not picking it up.

5. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

7. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Can you post some pics in them? I want to see your progress and see how thick, solid, and tight you're getting.

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

I really like the look of that routine. Similar to SPBR which I'm doing now and have been starting to get tired of. Just enough change to get me excited.

I like the thought of a very low volume routine. Do you think the shorter version is enough for a semi beginner ( squat 190, deads 250, bench 170)? Otherwise just gonna do the extended. Either way gonna try one of them once bulking starts.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  9. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Brb posting nudes whenever I get laid because i'm naked anyway so you might as well.

10. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

I trained with ex for awhile and the volume was my fav part of the routine. There's a lot of voodoo around novices and volume and never going over 3 days/week but I think most people owe it to themselves to see how they do on 4 days with higher volume. There's an adjustment period which feels similar to getting kicked in the sack after every session but if you're eating enough the gainzz will come.

I was on a 3 day low volume approach for a few months but I simply gel better with 4 with higher volume, calorie deficit or not. Give it a shot and see what happens.. Volume is your friend :)

11. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

Can't get from 190 to 195 to finish off this (very slow) bulk. Going to move from 0% Greek yogurt to 2%. May start with whey.

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

You can't eat more? Olive oil is so easy to add into stuff. Nuts are calorie dense. Eggs. Something. You don't always have to resort to protein powder to get those extra calories.. especially when you're only 190.

1 person likes this.
  13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

Stupid, sneaky sodium bloat...

14. Axelman 17

Here is a good example of my average daily intake. I don't count/weigh things, I just try to eat more if lbs aren't going up.

Breakfast:
    - 16oz of 0% Greek yogurt
    - couple tablespoons of peanut or almond butter
    - granola

Morning snack
    - 2 protein bars

Lunch
    - potbelly double turkey sandwich with cheddar

Afternoon snack
    - 2 protein bars

Dinner:
    - whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, meatballs, chicken, sundried tomatoes, peas, mushrooms
    - 8oz 0% Greek yogurt
    - sometimes a burrito instead of the pasta

Post-dinner snack
    - 16 oz 0% Greek yogurt
    - couple tablespoons of peanut butter
    - granola

- frozen yogurt

Maybe I should just move to 2% yogurt, go to full fat ice cream and throw in some almonds with lunch.

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

More PB! :)

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

bro do you even eat meat? or just yogurt and granola all day

17. Axelman 17

I eat meat for lunch and for dinner, this strikes me as reasonable, no? I do think I probably need to eat a bit less lean than I have been.

18. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Bad idea to incline press after front squats and dls today. Could barely get 70kg up.

But I managed 3 plates off the floor for 3x5. Soon a 180kg DL will be attainable.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  19. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Dat feel when t-shirts perfect in shoulder start fitting tight and slightly big ones start fitting right :slayer: Also starting to see lats...

20. Nikolo

Nikolo Well-Known Member

That feel when you start seeing striations in your chest and shoulders after db flat benching 110lbs in each hand. Other good feels throwing 110lbs like they are yours and yours only. Wish they had 120lb db's at my gym :(. On another note, I am down to 208lbs #feelsgoodman