• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm getting a steroid shot in my rotator cuff today.. it was caused by stress of olympic lifting FWIW
edit: Also all my pants are super loose around the waist now FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I know that feel and it's glorious. All of my clothes that I care about fit way better, which is awesome.

That includes:
+J Blzer
ToJ Moto
Brooks Bros MTM Shirts
APC's
Alt A. T-Shirts
A&F Flannels (don't h8 they fit awesome).

I only regret giving away the chinos i bought for work that got too small on me. Who cares though--I'll be moving to a new office in october and won't have to wear ******* khakis ever again.

I also used moving as en excuse to get rid of all of the **** I don't wear And once I move to a new office, I'll be able to get rid of the ****** dress-shirts I had to buy because i was outgrowing my old ones.

My wardrobe is pretty much perfect (for me) now :D

Last edited:

stinger70

Reaction score
With the strength standards, does the level you are at suggest potential for gainz? What i mean is, even though i've been training a year or so, i am still at novice level on most lifts, and untrained on bench press. Does this mean i am still at the level where i can get a shitload of noob gains? Or does it mean i started at a big disadvantage and have still used up my 25lb LBM noob gains or whatever the amount is.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice Graphic. I gotta admit clothes look better on me since I have slimmed down.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lowering back feeling really tight after bench press. Over arching maybe or is it just because I'm not really used to the form?

Need to start doing my negatives faster, I think I control the weight too much. It's great on low rep stuff, but I probably spend more time on the eccentrics then the concentrics on stuff like pull ups.

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Cool thanks. My girlfriend just started working out with me last week at a community rec center, i go to a powerlifting gym on her off days. It was super cute though, first day I had her squat and she loved it, she was like jumping all up and down asking how much a normal girl could squat.. getting super competitive.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got back to the gym today . . . man it's so hard to go back after a long absence. Did a ton of foam rolling, stretching, mobility type work (which all really hurt - damn your body gets screwed up when you dont use it) then hit up some compound lifts 3x5 squat, dead, bench, bent over rows, military press. feelsbadbutkindagoodman.

Side note - since i've hurt myself multiple times doing traditional deadlift, I switched to Sumo style and boy does that feel a lot better. First time ive ever deadlifted and not felt like injury was just a moment away.:slayer:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally got back to the gym today . . . man it's so hard to go back after a long absence. Did a ton of foam rolling, stretching, mobility type work (which all really hurt - damn your body gets screwed up when you dont use it) then hit up some compound lifts 3x5 squat, dead, bench, bent over rows, military press. feelsbadbutkindagoodman.
Side note - since i've hurt myself multiple times doing traditional deadlift, I switched to Sumo style and boy does that feel a lot better. First time ive ever deadlifted and not felt like injury was just a moment away.:slayer:
How did you hurt yourself via conventional?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did you hurt yourself via conventional?

Just cant get into a position where I have correct back angle. I have a really long torso and short arms. Also less than optimal hip and ankle mobility. Working on the mobility but my left ankle will likely never have full mobility as a result of an old football injury.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on the mobility but my left ankle will likely never have full mobility as a result of an old football injury.

Mechanical limitations or nerve/muscle issues? I have some bone growth in my right ankle from skateboarding as a kid so I can't stretch my right calf like people can normally, though I think it's gotten better over the years. Muscle/nerve issues are a toss-up, but a lot of doctors will give you a conservative outlook so never resign yourself to not trying.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ankle mobility is relatively easy compared to hip

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inb4 page 1338

My APC NS 30's look like a standard NS fit in the legs, but are approaching uncomfortably tight from the hips down to the upper thighs. Waist is a lil loose. Considering buying 31's. Can't believe I used to fit in 28's a couple years ago.

GN, fuji, etc. I'll be staying in the village wed-sun

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mechanical limitations or nerve/muscle issues? I have some bone growth in my right ankle from skateboarding as a kid so I can't stretch my right calf like people can normally, though I think it's gotten better over the years. Muscle/nerve issues are a toss-up, but a lot of doctors will give you a conservative outlook so never resign yourself to not trying.

I'm not 100% sure, but it feels mechanical. I still work on it, cause I want it to be the best it can be, but in the past I havent seen much, if any improvement, even when working on it dilligently.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

inb4 page 1338
My APC NS 30's look like a standard NS fit in the legs, but are approaching uncomfortably tight from the hips down to the upper thighs. Waist is a lil loose. Considering buying 31's. Can't believe I used to fit in 28's a couple years ago.
GN, fuji, etc. I'll be staying in the village wed-sun

Crazy right. my first pair of APCs were new cures size 27 and now I fill a apc ns 32 after stretch haha.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna buy some new jeans in the states. Probably get naked and famous weird guys because I have fairly big quads and no calves. Somehow size 31 uniqlo T-000 still fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads