1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

You can get 501 rinse fits for less than $50 if you wait for a sale, they're roomy enough in the thighs without being dumpy in the ass. The only thing I find is the waist gets a little pinchy if I'm carrying some extra water or carb bloat.

2. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

RHET brahs do you consider these box squats to be high?

Pretty much the exact same height and technique I use.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I think once I get my internal rotation completely fixed I'm going to write a concise PDF about it. It's something that gets talked about a lot, given that most the population has shoulder / kneck pain and is in internal rotation. And chiropracters fixes to it are mostly just masking the problem, I wasted $2,00 with them to get some shitty diagnosis. There's a whole slew of problems that internal rotation can lead to and now that proper powerlifting is becoming more popular and easier to get into beginners need to address it. No one has yet to put together a concise plan of attack and realistic information about how changing 18+ years of bad posture can take a long long time to fix. There's a lot of resources about it; K* video, 70s big articles, bringing the shoulders back by diesel crew, and the frozen shoulder workbook. But it's all small pieces of the puzzle that don't tell the whole story. You all poke fun at me how I'm harping about it, but I think it could benefit a lot of people and save them money and pain down the road.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Do some fucking face pulls. Problem solved.

Also, that's what box squats are supposed look like? What is the point? That doesn't even begin to approach parallel.

1 person likes this.
  5. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Getting a little more lean, small but noticeble esp the little crevice in between the upper abs. Too bad my natural body shape is a little bizarre haha.
    Also managed to deep (ATG) 225x6x3, probs coulda done sets of 7 but its been a while.

Will post again a month or so from now
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

adjusting to mandatory deloads. as much as i have not liked them before, rolling out of bed and banging out a few easy triples with some light pressing and rowing to start my day was quite refreshing - i guess soul-crushing workouts do drain you after awhile. best part was no conditioning work, man does that shit ever suck. feels good though

new chef starts at work today too. am super effin' amped up; there's a meat entree every day this week. tandoori salmon, grilled swordfish, souvlaki chicken, chicken fajitas :slayer: i think i will just shift into perma-bulk mode and be a big fatty forever.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  7. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Failed 2 plates oly squat @ 3 reps on Fri.

Busted a 5 rep for the same weight today.

I feel like a boss.

3 people like this.
  8. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

a good feel

9. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

Making reps every time you train. That's a great feel.

10. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

Holy fuck that SUCKS

You look leaner than me right now but jesus that's a terrible figure. Looks like you need some heavy deadlifts and shoulder work in your routine to offset that hourglass.

And I say deadlifts because that's how my lats grew, but for all you butthurt people - go do heavy pullups.

1 person likes this.
  11. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I'm going to hit the gym like a fucking cyclone tmrw. 2 days off with doing muay thai for the first time in 2 years today, reminds me how much more fun weightlifting is lol

12. Benesyed

HUGE part of it is the camera position, really not that bad haha. Didnt retake bc i just was updating for leanness

my lats are actually super strong (weighted pull ups with 60 lbs for reps) and i can dead pretty heavy. currently i can do 410, PR was over 450, i forget now. Cant do do much shoulder anymore due to injury overhead wise but i can lateral raise 35s for reps fairly strict form no momentum and do fairly heavy front raises.

Strong as an ox but thats just my body shape boss. Wide hips, its why I can do them reps heavy

13. stinger70

stinger70 Well-Known Member

This is similar to my structure, im much narrower in general but the hip/shoulder ratio is like this if not worse. Not a lot you can do, the lats cant grow wider than shoulders so it doesnt make much difference. He seems to have huge obliques or something though, i dont have that i have a narrow waist but still massive hips.

14. Benesyed

Really the solution is having wider arms but mine dont grow that way here is from the side.
    [​IMG]

Proportions are actually worse when i try to bulk cuz it actually further emphasizes the hourglass without thickening my arms sufficiently. Oh well, you work with what you are given.

15. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

serious? from what i recall i dont think you have that bad of proportions. your shoulders/back were pretty wide considering your waist size.

i think most people who lift weights think they have massive hips/bad structure due to genetics

1 person likes this.
  16. Benesyed

like i said part of it is the camera angle, also my torso is not very long, if you look most people in sahpe have the same ratio but the real estate of the pecs to the abs is much smaller a ratio

i compensate in ma fits by buying loose on the shoulders and havin it cut at a taper to the waist

17. stinger70

stinger70 Well-Known Member

yeah compared to my waist size they are pretty wide, but when you see my body as a whole picture i dont have any taper. I was reading this T nation article about shoulder width, apparently about 20" is average width which would be on a 5'9 or 10 guy, even though my delts have grown a lot im still only 19" wide, at almost 6'2. Thats crazy narrow, there are plenty of girls wider than that. I look so skinny from the front, the average guy my height who doesnt even lift dwarfs me.

18. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

24.5" shoulder width crew checking in.

edit: wat? where are you measuring to? I'm going to the start of the lateral deltoid so pretty much half way around the circumference of the top of my body.

19. Benesyed

That figure cant be right because most medium jackets are cut for 17.5 inches. I think 20 is definitely higher than average!

And some of the larger body builders were at 22-24

Are you measuring around or straight across? I guess if you follow the curve of the body then yeah thats reasonable

20. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

how are you guys measuring shoulder width? tape around the body?