• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random food thoughts - Street edition

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah care to elaborate?
Granted it was more of a test to see if it was doable on the stove we had at home, before trying it out with some proper meat, but I can't see a reason why it's "really stupid"

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so?
patch[1].gif

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
puzzled.gif

Since you give no explanation, I will just have to guess what it is you don't find reasonable purposes:
- having very precise control of how well-done you want your meat?
- being able to infuse the meat with flavors without having to overwork the meat?
- being able to fix dozens of burgers ahead of time, and then be ready to serve them straight from the skillet/grill/griddle in a matter of minutes? (for example, whenever the guests come)

Sorry, I'm not trying to be overly defensive or ***** about it or anything, I just don't understand what you mean.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Burgers should be done on the griddle. They should never be cooked past medium rare. They do not take long to make and only require salt and pepper if you use quality beef.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgers should be done on the griddle. They should never be cooked past medium rare. They do not take long to make and only require salt and pepper if you use quality beef.

Lol look, I was just trying out sous vide for the first time and thought I'd share my results because hey, I think it's pretty cool idea for cooking food.

I'M SORRY I UPSET YOU GUYS WITH MY REALLY STUPID GIMMICKY PRETENTIOUS NOT PROPER WAY OF COOKING A BURGER

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are marsupialed with this pretend traditionalist bullshit. Sous vide is perfectly fine. Far easier and more consistent. Cooking a burger to the perfect temperature is serious business

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cuz an amateur cook can cook a burger as well as a professional chef who cooks hundreds of burgers a week right?

Sous vide makes it so a monkey can cook a dozen perfect burgers. Less moisture is lost as well.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think it's cool koy is experimenting and actually cooking rather than just listing off restaurants ;-)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cooking is always good, burgers just seem like an odd way to get into sous vide. I'm sure you can turn out tasty burgers that way, but sous vide could be much more meaningfully applied.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads