1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Call the lawyers! Hederus has copied Eric Glennie. [​IMG]

2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Call the lawyers! Hederus has copied Eric Glennie.
    [​IMG]

would love to wear this, i'd look like a chia pet

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

I have the opposite problem.
    +! Although my lack of money problem is probably not shared by you. I am not balla status

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Opticalman is a paradox. On one hand he's sort of being helpful (although since he keeps saying the same brands who knows how helpful he really is) but on the other he's spamming his site's link left and right while at the same time bumping decomposing threads. [​IMG]

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

ever wonder why geller is always avaiable on the sf, sz and sufu classifieds? cause it sucks balls, that's why.

6. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

hahaha.

I think I could get into geller but have too little first hand experience. The shirt I have is nice though, love the soft fabric.

7. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Styleforum comandment #1: Thou shalt not Kop-block

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I am officially putting that into the rotation.

9. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Styleforum comandment #1: Thou shalt not Kop-block
    Hahaha Nice

10. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Hahaha

Nice

Cop-blocking is the main reason I'm sometimes reluctant to post things on the sales alert thread. "Man, there was only one size medium left, and I totally got cop blocked!"

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

ever wonder why geller is always avaiable on the sf, sz and sufu classifieds? cause it sucks balls, that's why.

So is MA+, Raf, whatever. I think that it's because kids who can't afford the stuff (whatever the brand) essentially treat purchases as temporary.

12. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

Cop-blocking is the main reason I'm sometimes reluctant to post things on the sales alert thread. "Man, there was only one size medium left, and I totally got cop blocked!"

This is one time where I feel "kop" would actually be the preferred spelling.

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

So is MA+, Raf, whatever. I think that it's because kids who can't afford the stuff (whatever the brand) essentially treat purchases as temporary.

I've seen so many ninja and other labels in the classifieds on sufu and sz (with the few instances I've looked) that it's mind blowing. If they truely liked these pieces they wouldn't let them go which only means one thing and that is they're mostly due to forum hype. Everyone will get excited over something then realizing it was a lamentable pickup they will hype it up even more to try and unload it.

14. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

I've seen so many ninja and other labels in the classifieds on sufu and sz (with the few instances I've looked) that it's mind blowing. If they truely liked these pieces they wouldn't let them go which only means one thing and that is they're mostly due to forum hype. Everyone will get excited over something then realizing it was a lamentable pickup they will hype it up even more to try and unload it.
    Sufu classifies are huge, there is a ton of Dior, HL, Raf, rick owens (drkshdw). I really don't see that much Geller, definitely a lot more Raf Simons (unsurprising considering how bad a lot of it is) plus the few pieces that are up are like 46's. Sufu is still one of the better marketplaces though, SZ is no man's land for anyone bigger than 5'9 and 160lbs. Hype is a vicious beast, personally I cannot afford the insta-kop attitude, so I try to think shit out long and hard before I actually pull the trigger.

15. thekunk07

i actually have hadf to part with shit i love to make some cash, and it sucks and all, but certain labels seem to just always wind up in the regrettable purchases bin.

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^there are always exceptions of course

Oxnard- Agreed, I almost never instakop and I wasn't saying geller and others are hype just that the line in general and select pieces do get super hyped. There are wonderful poell pieces I'd love to have for instance but I think people who generally do not know what they are doing hastily cop like you said without any calculations.

17. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

18. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd ever buy a sweater/knit online over $60. I definitely would have to feel it in person. Everything else I'd be fine with. Just to [​IMG] posters with good taste in jackets shirts etc. sometimes put up footwear that has me thinking WTF? I must be pretty damn picky, but I'm having a hard time finding attractive boots that aren't $5 bills+ Oh yeah I'm basically a member of SuFu and SZ to use their B&S. Eventually I'll find something great after sifting through 3 pages of $1000 black shirts held together with bondage tape. SuFu is just to annoying to post alot in.

19. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

You also see ninja brands on the classifieds a lot because people buy them second hand or on sale because they're getting a good deal, even if the size isn't correct. Then when they realize it doesn't look good to wear ill-fitting clothing, they sell it again.

20. thekunk07

when it comes to shoes, i have to fight the hypebeast because i grew up in the hood and like garish sneakers that make me look like a tourist from a 3rd rate european city

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.