• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

riraito

Reaction score
Nothing ever fits me because I'm a 5'7 asian who goes to the gym.

I NEED A GOD DAMN TAILOR

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
edit: ok I think some weird **** happened, this is not the thread I wrote this to

ok maybe not, just wasn't paying attention to what page to reply was to!

vv ya but they fit like a glove and cost next to nothing so why not

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^and you have bought every blazer ever offered lolz

Originally Posted by Razele
If it fit slim (consistently) and didn't have the pony I would buy more basics from them.

We get second rate stuff over here too.

I would use alot of RLP / RLBL for professional clothing, when I get to that.

How does comparing wh to rlpl even begin to make sense? That's some dumb **** right there.

At least wh isn't made in china.

Originally Posted by Teger
its great to have the ideal to save up for nice pieces, but you have to wear something in the meantime. also it's not really appropriate to wear $1000 knits all the time

This may sound a bit crazy, I know, but how about wearing anything from any point in your life prior to this last year when you guys started buying jcrew to have something to wear in the meantime? Crazy I know

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wore whatever mediocre rubbish I had till I got my **** sorted and started buying decent stuff.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What if that person has made a drastic change in aesthetic over that period of time? I'm limited to what I can wear right now because I've made such a change this year. I'd prefer not to wear my Hypebeast-esque stuff, but don't have the disposable income to even gradually replace everything with really pricey pieces over the course of say, the next year. In the meantime, stuff from Uniqlo will have to do. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but this has benefits, since it allows me to develop this aesthetic and see if it sticks before I really start plunking down cash for higher end pieces.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Random fashion thought: why would this pic of me make it's way onto hypebeast? lol
IMG_2311.jpg

chino stax, crinkled jacket sleeves & shirt collar, dirty badly laced boat shoes. Its hypebeast-esque dresswear.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And perhaps I'm flying solo on this one, but I'd be interested to see a WAYWT entry from either Jet or Razele, since they're the most vocal backers in SW&D about having a wardrobe free of any peasant pieces.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
chino stax, crinkled jacket sleeves & shirt collar, dirty badly laced boat shoes. Its hypebeast-esque dresswear.

Those are hardly "stax." Unless he's supposed to have absolutely no break whatsoever.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You and everybody else my friend you and everybody else.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha. I've been here long enough to know we have about as good a chance of seeing a jet fit pic as we ever did of seeing Dr. Claw in the old Inspector Gadget cartoon.

But how about our pal Razele? Don't be shy, buddy!

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought something from an apparantly reputable European web store but there was no place to enter my state in the delivery address, although there was room for zip and city. What are the odds the USPS will be able to get this package to me?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Ha. I've been here long enough to know we have about as good a chance of seeing a jet fit pic as we ever did of seeing Dr. Claw in the old Inspector Gadget cartoon. But how about our pal Razele? Don't be shy, buddy!
Stranger things have happened. ghulkan even posted a fit pic recently. If I remember correctly, Xenox did not approve his boots.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Ha. I've been here long enough to know we have about as good a chance of seeing a jet fit pic as we ever did of seeing Dr. Claw in the old Inspector Gadget cartoon. But how about our pal Razele? Don't be shy, buddy!
First of all, I like Uniqlo / Muji. I use AA for my throwaway white T's and will use Uniqlo when I get the chance. Next. So a pic of me solves this entire debate of quality v quantity? That doesn't even make sense. I don't do it for you mate. I do it to save noobs money. As I said on the last page, as soon as someone insults J Crew here, bitches throw down. You can rip on anything else except J Crew, as I said two pages ago. It's hollow ground here. It's a joke. I'm a massive NdG fanboi and I don't defend them like people defend J Crew. I don't get it. I have had people PM saying thanks, and I bet other people here have as well, when I tell people to slow down, buy quality pieces, and think about how they spend thier money. Plenty, and I mean plenty, of older, seasoned posters here will tell you, its better to take your time and buy good quality. Look at the last few pages. I've seen stacks and stacks of people regret buying all that ****. It happens here all the time. People go "ohh man I'm so glad I stopped that J Crew / BR / mall rubbish BS and worked on some real pieces." and then what? They have wasted thier money. I did that. I'm glad that a few peeps here told me to up the game as I was wasting my time. It happens on MC all the time as well. People pay out Mafoo but all the senior posters there say he is doing what they should have done when they first started. People will say MC / SW&D are different, and I don't disagree, but the idea of buying less and buying better works both ways.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't get so salty, man. I don't even like J. Crew. I wasn't trying to insinuate the only way you'd ever own a piece of mall brand clothing would be for the lone purpose of cleaning up spilled Yoo-Hoo (or perhaps milk would be more appropriate).

My remark about fit pics from you and Jet simply stemmed from curiosity. You both champion the idea of quality over quantity, an ideal I don't take issue with. I'm just always curious to see how people who really follow this belief to the letter put together their outfits. You're always talking about cultivating this aesthetic and all the pieces that this involves; I'm just interested in seeing what that is. Folks like JKISSI put together bold, unique fits on the regular with mall brand stuff. I enjoy seeing how people put together their fits from both ends of the shopping spectrum. I wasn't trying to call you out or come to the rescue of poor, defenseless J. Crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads