1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

ahem...

Single? Is my definition of Double-breasted wrong? I thought that if there was a large overlap from one side to the other, it was double. And if the sides met in the middle, it was single. [​IMG] I'm happy to be taught otherwise.

Anyway I like the look of it. Which brings me to my 'fashion thought'. I have no idea how to wear that. I've realized that I don't know how to wear tailored clothing casually. I practically never wear anything other than jeans. I can wear a suit, and a tie. I can wear trousers to work. But in a casual setting, I never do it. It's something that I really want to expand on and change.

2. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

^^ That's also my understanding of single/double breasted. If you're wrong, I'm wrong too.

3. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

And that's what the picture looks like, right?

Note: Love the jacket, just trying to sort my confusion out.

4. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

Single? Is my definition of Double-breasted wrong? I thought that if there was a large overlap from one side to the other, it was double. And if the sides met in the middle, it was single. [​IMG] I'm happy to be taught otherwise.

Anyway I like the look of it. Which brings me to my 'fashion thought'. I have no idea how to wear that. I've realized that I don't know how to wear tailored clothing casually. I practically never wear anything other than jeans. I can wear a suit, and a tie. I can wear trousers to work. But in a casual setting, I never do it. It's something that I really want to expand on and change.

^^ That's also my understanding of single/double breasted. If you're wrong, I'm wrong too.

Double-breasted jackets have a wide overlap and two columns of buttons. Single-breasted jackets have a narrow overlap and one column. I think in this case the # of button columns trumps.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

The September Free & Easy edition is fucking great. Best one this year I think.

Where can I get it, arrrgh. Context and ebay have failed me.

Stazy's Dries jacket is single-breasted with some kind of extra closure to pull it over for the double-breasted appearance.

6. onion

onion Well-Known Member

Stazy's Dries jacket is single-breasted with some kind of extra closure to pull it over for the double-breasted appearance.

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/freeandeasy-denim.asp

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Well then--robin, is it worth $50?

8. onion

onion Well-Known Member

I'm realizing that C.P. Company has some truly amazing, functional designs. The Transformables Collection from 2001 is really just mind blowing. I can't believe some of these things exist.

Anyone know a site that has all (or some) of their old runway/lookbooks by chance?

9. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Context will probably have theirs soon. Not sure if it's worth $50, but it is pretty good.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Is superfuture version 4.0 a practical joke?

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

The September Free & Easy edition is fucking great. Best one this year I think.

What is it about (except americana)? I need to get some new issues, the bunch i have are getting dog eared from religious flipping.

12. robin

robin Well-Known Member

What is it about (except americana)? I need to get some new issues, the bunch i have are getting dog eared from religious flipping.
    This issue is 200 pages of americana focusing on what iconic men would wear, i.e., the cowboy, the surfer, the trad, the blue collar worker, the hiker, the fisherman, the college guy, the biker, etc.

I posted some scans here, and I'll try and get a few more done this weekend.

This issue also has some great guides for LA and NYC shopping.

13. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I keep getting coupons from Banana Republic because I have a card with them, but I haven't the slightest idea what to buy because it's all pretty much crap. I've been picking up quite a few pairs of pima cotton underwear, but there's only so much underwear a person needs!

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I keep getting Eddie Bauer, Land's End, and L.L. Bean catalogs in the mail because about 10 years ago my wife and I shopped those places sometimes.

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    i am totally copying this the second it gets cold. even the schwinn, except mine is red.

16. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I keep getting coupons from Banana Republic because I have a card with them, but I haven't the slightest idea what to buy because it's all pretty much crap. I've been picking up quite a few pairs of pima cotton underwear, but there's only so much underwear a person needs!

BP is good for loafer socks.

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

lol @ csuf sweatshirt my bro graduated from there

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I don't want to start a new thread and get flamed, so i'll just ask here so as not to risk it.

How did you arrive at your current aesthetic? Were you part of a particular sub-culture, or did your aesthetic stem from something else. What is it that appeals most to you, or causes you to dress the way you do.

basically, what do you like and why

19. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

the coupons might work at piper lime... i got some coupons at Old Navy that were good for any of the GAP brands, you might look into it.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^new thread topic but may have been discussed before search first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.