• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I must have been under a rock, first time I hear of this. That's some sad ****

Check out 'Just for Kicks' on netflix when you have the chance. Really well done documentary on sneaker culture.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I must have been under a rock, first time I hear of this. That's some sad ****

The culture has shifted for sure. It's more lucrative now than ever, and Nike is fueling it with all of these limited crap. When I was heavily into sneakers, you can walk in and buy anything you want. Almost everything makes it to a sale of some sort too. The hype started around some of the Nikes in their "SB" line. Shoes retailing at $60-70 were going for almost 10x that. Then people started camping out for stuff. I made a few bucks unloading my collection during college, but nothing to this extent now, ie the value of the Galaxy Foamposite or Air Yeezy.

It seems to be worse in certain regions of the US. I've heard of goons waiting for kids to come out of the malls and stick them up for the shoes. I have a friend that works at UPS and told me that in 2012, UPS delivery persons were jacked for the whole delivery of Jordans twice.

The only fight that I saw broke out was at Niketown L.A. in Beverly Hills back in the early 2000s when the system was still disorganized. We were waiting in line for like 10 hours and during the morning some dudes tried to cut the line. Words were exchanged and chins were checked.

ya'll missing out not drinking with me in ktown on saturday. i got the connectz.

For a second, I thought you meant K-town in L.A., I'd be down jamming to 2NE1 songs with you :nodding:

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check out 'Just for Kicks' on netflix when you have the chance. Really well done documentary on sneaker culture.

Only if I had Netflix :(

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Checking that out as we speak Snake

wj4, always check youtube first, you will be surprised

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Reg. Too bad it cut off around the early to mid 2000s. Now it's moved onto designer shoes too a la Margiela and such. No one wore those RBKs though...they went on sale and sat for a long time.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bored and tired as hell too if I was in ny i'd come have bbq witchu

my favorite new online store, based in brooklyn but no b&m presence

so much cool ****, i got the waxed canvas dopp kit and plan on getting the brass pencil case, book darts, gardening tools, edc, hamper, canvas tote, etc

Post review of dopp kit when you get it please.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Dayum I thought I had an obsession, if I had to compulsively buy every new color of Magiela trainers I'd actually keep the laces to off myself haha

I did not know Adidas were made in France at one point and never really gave any thought to how Nike and Jordan linked up, interesting stuff. I do remember though when I was in 8th grade it was all about AF1 and that Nelly song...I remember when they did the Burberry and the Gucci ones, if you had those everyone would just huddle around you. To scuff a brand new white pair of AF1's was a travesty, I used to coat mine in white shoe polish after about a month of wear, good times (yes I wen't through a wannabe gangsta phase)

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Posted this in the Nike thread some days ago.

Face palming is allowed.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
had the best damn gummi candy today holy ****, soft, juicy, with real bits of fruit and juice that tasted like real fruit

went back to us spec haribos and they tasted like pure garbage

need german proxy for bears&friends

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alls i want is really real gummi bears

and wutang dunks kwordthanks

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are some pretty crazy watches floating around various forums right now (as opposed to auctions)... for instance a JLC Master Minute Repeater in platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads