1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I can't say I'm totally happy with any of my jeans these days. The rise on my old APC's is stupid low, the uniqlo things (straight and skinny or whatever) are tight in the wrong places, old Helmuts are just too tight (and the rise is also too low), and the pair of Margiela denim, while comfy, is a size too big in the waist (that was the idea, but still). Only "jeans" I have that really fit great are Cloak microcord trousers. Cloak greasers are good, too, but neither pair are denim.

I mentioned trying on a pair of Dior raws for the first time a couple weeks ago - fairly certain I'll just end up with a pair, because they really seemed perfect for the kind of jeans I like to wear. Anyone looking to get rid of a size 33, hit me up.

2. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

^ Dbear: yes oversize coat....paired with skinny skinny pants.

I think that the most interesting looks now are....

big coat, slim pants
    slim coat, big pants
    slim pants, big sole shoes (I really like this for some reason)

that sort of thing. It avoids that 90's big fuckin everything look which should stay in the grave but breaks from the all slim look we have been seeing for a while.

I still like the all slim thing but yay for change sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  3. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I try to only wear "jeans" (like indigo jeans) on casual fridays at the office. I avoid them the rest of the time -- they are a total bore.

I can't believe the uniqlos are tight for you -- I wear them twice and they fall off without a belt. they have spandex in them I think?

33 Diors are going to be jabba the hut huge after a few wears.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Tight in the wrong places - they fall down and stick to my knees. Even on the sized-up pair. I had a pair of the MIJ selvage from 200? that I tried to DIY and ruined. I liked those, though.

Couldn't even button the Diors in 32 - and I'm kinda sick of that feeling.

5. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

don't size down too much. sizing down 2 was a baaad idea. i still don't know how i used to wear those.

6. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Slim bottom loose top is my favourite thing at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  7. jet

jet Well-Known Member

what? my fatass fits into 32 19cm, now i'm debating if i should go 33 but it will def be loose in the waist but maybe that's what i want

i really want a spiked belt sup @LA Guy

8. nahneun

i never had anything against uniqlo, unlike you, but...

i'm not handwashing my devoa jeans every other day because of salt stains and black snow. fuck that shit! beater bottoms are the way to go during the winter. i've been wearing my crappy ass daytons exclusively over the winter...

well, it's also because i've been too lazy to get my carpes vibramed, but i'm not wearing those with all the salt new yorkers use on their streets!

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what this list means… why are True Religion and Rock & Republic listed?

10. nahneun

he's saying they're all same tier

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Damn so Levi's is like S tier?

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

perhaps I should have posted graphic novelty's post bc I have no idea what you're on

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

havent worn any jeans for many months, and just tried some old ones on. Slim non-stretch jeans are the most uncomfortable pants imaginable :(

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

but I thought my Diesels were so hype yo.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

Geller, Duckie Brown, Public School, Billy Reid, Ervell, General Idea -- they all showed baggier stuff like oversized coats and lots of non-skinny pants (meaning not skinny throughout like the Hedi fit. And there were lots of pleats too). If the cycle is that the main ideas originate in Paris and then trickle down to NYC which is more mainstream then there's clearly something going on here. But again, don't think skinny will disappear anytime soon and you'll probably just see a bigger mix of proportions.

16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Skinny tapered are great.

I think the coat you posted DLes was just a little bit too close to well-fitting and structured to look good in an oversized way.

I left my huge pants to the tailor to take them in slightly, gonna be wearing them like crazy if they turn out well.

I need a new white oxford, but Weekday for some reason haven't gotten in any sz smalls for the past 3 weeks, ugh.

17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Speaking of boring basic shit, I need a new grey crewneck after my 3-year old Sunspel crapped out (neck ribbing tore away from the body). I like the sunspel, but the size of the inset V always bugged me (it's tiny) and the fact it only lasted ~3 years is kind of lame.
    Anybody good good recs? Looking to spend around the same ~150, relatively "slim" like the sunspel (basically just not real loose, which rules out most of the repro brands) and has the V at the neck.
    Looking at Orlebar Brown, Acne College sweat, Archival, RRL, Buzz Rickson (are they legit not baggy?), Merz B (but can't find XL) and Velva Sheen.

18. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

i don't do it, but i think the really skinny pants and big chunky boots (docs) can look really good.

i've been pretty happy with the fit of japan blue slim tapered, sup NN.

19. APK

APK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

uniqlo jeans are pretty good, but I'm not really picky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.