1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

how common are junya fakes? specifically somewhere like rakuten.

2. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Long past looking at w+h, but I still wear the tiger fleece scuba neck hoodie from 2011......like all the time. At home.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

have we talked about all the rider jacket-inspired shit for women in the mass market right now? My gf bought two coats and they both have cuff zips; there's a wool bcdr and another wool ridery thing at the gap I'm in rn.

Also there's a Gap Kids jacket here that looks like that one black and white EG that Synth has.

1 person likes this.
  4. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

@RegisDB9 So what're your thoughts on the big announcement?

5. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Not very common

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who enjoys the clothing, I thought it was very Margiela that one of the most out there names in fashion apperantly is now associated with a brand that is faceless and wants to concentrate on the clothes themselves not who is behind them

It's one of those fuck it moves from Margiela that I have come to enjoy. I know fuckall about Galliano though, yet like I said in another thread...I'll comb through the offerings and buy my favorite pieces like usual

1 person likes this.
  7. Biggskip

Well played!

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The rider jacket is the most popular form out there for both men and women right now.

Yeah, I like them just fine. We are not that special.

9. Biggskip

I'm too intimidated to query such a blessed wonderful internet personality such as yourself.

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

@LA Guy i'm saying that "what's cool" has floated down to be much more common, not that "we did this" or that we're being used for market research or whatever else. and i wonder if it's just a short term trend where "our stuff" and that stuff is lining up or if it's a longer term shift.

11. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Wake me up when Gap starts making G a p REBUILD where they recycle vintage used GAP children's clothing into south american paramilitary inspired wear

11 people like this.
  12. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

This happens all the time, doesn't it?

Haute couture/name brand designers incorporate very expensive items into their seasonal campaigns, perhaps with a particular twist added to them. Most people can't afford them or aren't willing to pay those prices, but the items are featured in ad spreads and billboards. Then, one or two seasons later, versions of those designs end up at Gap, Century 21, or somewhere similar, priced for the masses.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Happened around 2000. Not exactly like that, but similar.

14. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble figuring out which part of my sentence happened

1 person likes this.
  15. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

If I go to a store, try on a lot of stuff that was all brought to me by the same SA, walk out without buying any of it, then return the next and instakop something without trying it on because I had done so the day before; the SA is different on the second day, is this screwing over the first SA since I imagine they get bonuses or something when they close deals?

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Sort of? It's not "wrong", but it does cost the first SA. You can ask for a business card and then call it in. I try to do this if it's something I'm seriously considering buying and just need some time to think about.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  17. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Well-Known Member

What do y'all use to keep track of frequent eBay/YJP/Rakuten searches? I was using Google Reader until it shut down, then I switched to Feedly, however it seems like the feeds haven't been updating properly the last few months so I'm looking for a new site/application.

18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Usually in places with some kind of commission/bonus you can just tell whoever cashes you out that somebody helped you (just point if you don't know their name), most of the time they actually ask you something like "did anybody help you out today?".

19. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

binge listened to all 15 episodes of the care tags podcast since someone brought it up on here :embar:

1 person likes this.
  20. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

that looks great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.