1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForumGhost

ForumGhost Member

1 person likes this.
  2. habitant

habitant Well-Known Member

Charley Boorman is very cool, way better than sissy boy Ewan

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  3. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

There's a video on youtube where dude rode a motorbike across Iran and says it's his favorite country, with some of the friendliest people on earth. Seems that way.

Here it is:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  4. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Some family friends bicycled from London to Australia and said the exact same thing.

Next year I want to visit USA then Iran.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

I was hanging out with some Swedish dudes in Copenhagen who were talking about good places to ski, and they brought up Tehran. They'd gone just a few years ago. It totally threw me for a second but then I remembered there wasn't nearly as much stopping a Swede from going there. Even as an American I understand it can still be done. It sounds really tempting actually. I'd love to just see what it was like and try to enjoy some of the local customs. I hear the food is pretty good too.

6. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

iirc abraxis posted a fit in some acronym a while back, also @Suyi

1 person likes this.
  7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

As an American, I have no idea why you would spend your hard earned money and time off to goto Iran out of all the places in the world you could go for a vacation. It reminds me of those awful trips that end up on various TV programs due to some catastrophe... I'm always thinking "why the fuck would you spend money and time to go do that?"

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Vacations mean different things to different people.. some people would rather see interesting places while others want to relax on the beach. By the accounts of friends who have been there, Iran is a very safe and welcoming country to Western tourists. One of my friends is from Iran and he keeps bugging me to visit his country with him, and I have to keep reminding him our governments don't get along :(

US citizens need to be part of a guided tour to get a travel visa

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

You can see lots of interesting places that don't involve a hostile government / lethal insects / awful diseases / deadly animals / guerrilla warfare / or all of the above. Doesn't have to be a beach.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

lol, I don't think there's any more guerrilla warfare or deadly insects in Iran than there are in Detroit and Texas, respectively
    I've visited plenty of countries like Laos, Cambodia, heading to Myanmar soon, with governments I don't support, but the money I spend traveling thankfully doesn't support the government, it goes into the hands of local people (well, mostly). I try to spend well when I travel as well, supporting local enterprise and environmentally friendly tourism. I think it's important to make the distinction between governments and their people

6 people like this.
  11. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

@Synthese This is what you can expect on the NY Subway Fashion is serious business

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I wish one day I can go on a vacation, nice private hotel, a beach side, read the books I want to read. Drink the drinks I want to drink as slow as possible. Go to a open, local concert (jazz or the likes). Anywhere void of insects. Mild weather. Somewhere I can travel by foot or bicycle. And I do not need to carry a backpack around all day (maybe a tote or sorts at most).

Some place where I can basically do nothing and everything I want.

2 people like this.
  13. habitant

habitant Well-Known Member

we hired a couple of Guatemalan guys recently. I am now known as 'Don Lukas' I feel like I've waited my entire life for this.

14. ghostface

ghostface Well-Known Member

ha, it was great meeting everyone, and fun chatting with your lovely wife (who at one point extolled your attractiveness as a function of your virtuousness).

yeah, sorry to have missed you. let's all try to get together for a meal and/or drinks sometime soon-- maybe between thanksgiving and xmas? (anyone in the nyc area or who will be in town should feel free to join.)

3 people like this.
  15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

I know Mister Freedom isn't most people's bag here, but speaking of all these great places, apparently MF's SS15 collection is titled "Saigon Cowboy." Kind of excited

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

many of the hermanos and japanese guys at my job call me "Money Boss"

17. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

Vacation? No beach no deal. Hell if I have to bring jackets or heavy knits thats no vacation

Skiing? Shit I invite you to lake in the scenery with your ol' pal Regis

[​IMG]

...Listening to some Majek Fashek

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  18. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

The trunk show was a good time. Everybody from I met from SW&D was super friendly, as expected. (I suppose the unfriendly ones must have stayed home)

-The first day somebody mistook me for @LA Guy. "You want the 5'11" Asian dude in the 4zip moto" (There should be some photos of us wearing each other's 4zips)
    -The scotch was good. I probably had way too much. (Mrs. LA Guy could probably drink me under the table)
    -I finally worked up the courage to ask @Synthese to try on the Cloak shearling. (I imagine girls must get super nervous around him)

[​IMG]

35 people like this.
  19. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

I also wandered over to Margiela in Greenwich. This has @RegisDB9 written all over it.

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  20. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

afp kept drinking laphroig right next to me and its incredible bouquet kept wafting my way every time he took a sip. rude :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.