1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

I only drink beer from clean shaven brewers. you can tell from the razor symbol printed next to the upc code

2. SmileForum

SmileForum Well-Known Member

I don't have the enzymes to drink alcohol, nor do I really understand drinking to begin with.

3. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Yes, let's play the "that thing you like, but i don't get, is ridiculous" game. I'll go ahead and throw out Lena Dunham and anything she's ever done.

2 people like this.
  4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Lena Dunham smells like cheese. True story - buddy of mine was next to her at a bakery and was like "it's gouda to meet you" and she said "oh that's funny, asshole" and walked away without her boysenberry tart.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Lena dunham gets a lot of shit for doing the types of things/telling the types of stories that men do. She's obviously in on the joke that her character in Girls is awful, but for some reason people can seperate sienfeld the character from sienfeld the person but they can't with Lena.

I also think Girls is really funny in a "these people are awful so enjoy watching them fail" it's always sunny sorta way. And it's pretty groundbreaking for a show like that to center around women.

She's not perfect but she gets a lot more shit than she deserves.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

My favourites:
    Kapital

What The Lookbook Projects: You are a creative nomad. You don't have a Twitter account and the only reason you have an iPhone is to fulfill your freelance photography contract with National Geographic's new sub-print. You own a vintage Toyota Land Cruiser. You met your wife while studying abroad in Oaxaca.

What Wearing The Brand Is Really Like: You once dated a Korean girl for two years and got really disappointed when you found out she wasn't Japanese and couldn’t translate for you on your "inspiration" trip to Tokyo. Sometimes you confuse smoking weed and Google image searching with actually being cool.

Norse Projects

What The Lookbook Projects: You live in a home that is as modest as it is fucking sick. It's got Japanese pottery and modern Danish furniture and sleek, murdered out electronics. Even your vintage record player is all black. You can make a coffee better than most baristas, but you still frequent the small bakery that's a few minutes from your crib because you like to start your day with an impeccably crafted small, but filling fruit tart and a strong doppio. Your girlfriend is 5'11 and her hair is basically a field of autumn wheat. She's smart and clever in all the right places.

What Wearing The Brand Is Really Like: You're kinda poor, but you have good taste. You never wake up early enough for the Supreme drop. The weather where you live is pretty shitty. You drive to work. You kinda hate your city. Everyone, except your New York friends that you see twice a year make fun of your dope ass rain jacket. You really want to move to, but, again, you're kinda poor.

5 people like this.
  7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Well... when you're making the kind of cheddar she makes, it's really not a big deal to get ridicule in abondance.

8. phyills

phyills Well-Known Member

Actually let's not.

1 person likes this.
  9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

So, I have zero idea about beers, but at the trunk show, we will have McCallan 10 (or 12?) year and Laophraig.

2 people like this.
  10. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Well-Known Member

They may be a little too CM for you, but have you considered Brooks Brothers extra slim fits? Brooks is the godfather of OCBDs. They're also among the only Brooks shirts made in the US.

11. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Yeah, another guy recommended them but I think they are a little too CM for me...

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Kamakura > BB

1 person likes this.
  13. sparrow

sparrow Well-Known Member

Mmm
    Boots
    Run narrow? Tts?

Wear 12d allen edmonds what would be ideal? 12 or 13 mmm
    Thanks

14. eluther

eluther Well-Known Member

The Epaulet/NESC OCBDs are literally indistinguishable from BB except for the difference in fit and, maybe, a very slightly rounder collar roll. I've had all 3 and like the BB ones best. The fit on the NESC I had was absolutely atrocious.

Very possible.

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Unless your body type has changed dramatically in the last couple years, I think EPLA would fit you well. They are a pretty killer bang/buck value--and an easy return if you don't like.

16. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

Laphroaig is the milk of the gods. QC is my favorite.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Been thinking about getting a 12 or a 18 y.o. Hibiki.

1 person likes this.
  18. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

Mannnnn every time I come across this silk bomber it is like a punch in the gut for having slept on it

[​IMG]

19. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

Haven't been yet. Would be interested.

Trillium takes the cake through and through. [Relatively] Right off the red line, awesome fresh IPA's, Saisons and the occasional sour. Only had one of their stouts but as the weather turns they will start putting out some other options for dark beers.

^Pretty much this. Haven't had any of their stouts/barleywines though, can't say if they are worth it.

For the sake of not annoying any more people, if you're interested in discussing this further meet me in the beer thread. :cheers:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  20. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

whoa is thewho officially in boston now?

i haven't hit up trillium yet, but it's definitely on my list.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.