1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

3 people like this.
  2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  3. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

I hate the Gustin ad where it says something like "we don't use celebrities or fancy ads, we just make the highest quality american denim, etc." Way more annoying regular ads.

1 person likes this.
  4. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Cordings supposedly make the nicest, but they're at the dearer end. Hoggs of Fife are good value and wash well, so unlike the dry-clean only ones some companies sell are actually practical for wearing on a muddy country walk. Barbour aren't bad and do some in slimmer cuts.

5. dieworkwear

It's because the Wangs are so big.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Lol. At least you understand how futile and funny it is. And pretty much anything is an in. For example, for any website, you can't hide your device or browser or OS if you want it to be served up properly. You look at a few websites, and if they are at all affiliated, or if you look at anything geographically relevant, well, I'm sure you know how it goes.

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

I'd pay anything for something I wanted, even if it increased my debt load- I'm so ill it doesn't matter any more[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

I have Adblock and don't watch TV but I do watch the NFL and if I see that damn JJ Watt school dance commercial again (and I love JJ Watt) I will take Bill Hicks' advice:

[nsfw for language]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  9. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

That's pretty fucked up/malicious du. I mean it's one thing to tell someone to shut the fuck up and tell them to stop posting but it's another to wish death upon them.

8 people like this.
  10. dieworkwear

I agree, but I also like that this post came immediately after nicelynice's Bill Hicks video.

1 person likes this.
  11. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

random house related thought and would appreciate some feedback, trying to find the right spot for this thing
    no flash & lights off

its a bit big for that corner nook and just doesn't look right in there so trying out this middle spot and looking for some unbiased feedback, really unsure if it looks obtrusive here or not

we could try it out on other floors but were thinking of this one when we got it, also short matte black base or no base?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. dieworkwear

Is that your place? It looks nice.

I don't really like how it looks as you're descending from the stairs, but it looks nice at the floor level since it helps break up the wall. Personally, I think you'd do better with a large painting at that space -- wide and tall enough to help break up the wall, but doesn't stick out so much that it looks obtrusive as you're walking down the steps.

2 people like this.
  13. nicelynice

good grief that lace looks awesome

sorry, no good advice on where to place that, uh, item

2 people like this.
  14. canstyleace

"will trade house for the NN lifestyle"

thanks for the honest fb dww, and yeah I already have a gigantic painting on another floor so wanted something other than wall art for this spot, will try this piece somewhere else

1 person likes this.
  15. nicelynice

the NN lifestyle is sitting in my wife's houserobe at 10am building a puzzle, browsing the internet, and calling my mom because I am too upset by my football team's poor performance and distracted by the internet to begin not one, but two projects that need to be completed by next monday.

[​IMG]

26 people like this.
  16. canstyleace

I'd still take it ...................................

1 person likes this.
  17. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

You need your head read!

Thanks so much for sticking up for me...

I've got enough on my plate nursing my 2 babies (14 year old Siamese, both diagnosed with kidney failure and potentially fatal asthma - I was born with only one ovary that doesn't function so my babies are all I have to live for now) without being bullied by some jerk

I've got more hospital appointments in my diary in the next few weeks than you've had hot dinners- especially if you live on popcorn too (another recent insult)

I give so much to SF, both CM and SW and D, I don't see why I should have to put up with some spoiled brats foul mouth...

Thank you to everyone supporting me through the end of my life, the rest of you can take a long walk off a short cliff..

Off my podium

Hirsh[​IMG](SFs token ladybird lol)

18. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

wtf

24 people like this.
  19. dieworkwear

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Omg that's awful

Don't worry about me

I know he was old, but up with the greats as a designer

I sold Gianni Versace a 2 gold watches in Bond Street the week before he was assassinated- I still remember the flowers and grief up and down Bond Street (I was senior sales consultant for the jeweller who made Charles' and Dianss wedding rings, then I ended up in intensive care in the Salpitriere for 4 months, which was where she died..
    I met her in London on Jermyn Street

Before I got sick I had a lot more than 2 Siamese cats and some jeNs

May he rest in peace..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.