1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

Have you called their number?

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

I'd live a couple weeks with LAGuy to wear this

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

Eh, I'll counterpoint and say they're awesome. Warm, but not super warm. Great for layering with the long sleeves and body; the fabric is a beautiful rough uneven silk with a lot of give while still strong. Mindful of sizing though. I've gone through two now before I got it right.

The scarf collar jacket is still a great piece. Still the knits are his best pieces. The cut and fabric on the pants is sick as long as you're lanky.

1 person likes this.
  4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

What did Martin do to Snuggles? :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    19 people like this.
  5. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

I haven't worn black sneakers since elementary school because I've always felt weird in it, but I feel like I need to change that. The thing is, I don't know what I could wear with black sneakers with/without white midsoles. All my sneakers have been white so it's easy to pick a wardrobe to go with it. The only black shoes I feel comfortable wearing are dress shoes and I want to change that.

The shoes I had in mind are Lanvin (low tops), Balenciaga Cotes/Pleats (highs), Dior GATs, or KVA Surgery. I've considered the studded Valentino Rockrunners as well.

/rant

6. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

seriously just get rid of this

9 people like this.
  7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

A lot of people like stuff like that. You are not forced to click on any of those. A lot of the searches coming into Styleforum are specifically looking for information like that. We should probably update some of the articles though. We serve a really diverse constituency.

2 people like this.
  8. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

It's not the idea of articles that bothers me, but how outdated they are and how they never change. Some of them can be static, but "what is styleforum wearing 9.18.12" is ridiculous.

6 people like this.
  9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I've got some Lanvin lows in black I wear but would like some KVAs like you mention or perhaps all black CP's (w/ black sole). I don't think it's so difficult to go from wearing white sneakers to black although I kinda know what you mean if you haven't worn them in a while.

10. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Well-Known Member

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

I want a coat with some volume to it.. nothing flat, nothing slim.

Is this too costumey? Can I get away with wearing this really casually?? You guys know I like boring stuff, worried a dramatic bell-shaped civil war coat is too much and I should go back to looking at Stephan Schneider and Peir Wu

This exact coat:
    [​IMG]

Fabric (wool/ramie blend, black/navy with brown stripes)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same cut:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    8 people like this.
  12. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Well-Known Member

yeah definitely. Is the first that bergfabel? The last one is arts and science right? Do you get a good deal on those brands in Japan?

Oh and i'd just buy a harnden coat but i've never tried coats by these other 2 designers so i dont know how they fit/look on not on stiff models so im a bit biased.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

All Bergfabel. The last one is the same coat in a women's size from the A&S website - they stock a bit of Bergfabel and curate it as part of their collection. Bergfabel is picking up and from what I've heard, the designer is a very pleasant dude who has a wonderful relationship with his stockists over here. Pricing on everything is terrible this season, though, thanks to the weak yen. Bergfabel jackets went up from around $1200 to $1600 while PH jackets are hovering around $2600, almost $1000 more than they were two years ago.

I'm actually debating between the aforementioned coat and a Harnden Mac in wool tweed as a bit more boring choice. Bergfabel cuts are a slight bit cleaner than PH and some of the fabrics (especially the one I linked above) are a bit more appealing to me. PH is also only carried in Tokyo by large chains like Barneys and Comme des Garcons whereas I can pickup Bergfabel from an independent store in my neighborhood that I'd rather support (http://www.carrefour-jiyugaoka.com/).

14. Guy Burgess

Hmm, i'd love to see bergfabel in person. It's a shame all of it has gone up so much recently, especially PH for me - I love supporting my local shop but just cant justify the prices anymore.

I've been wearing thin coats all the time recently but need something like what you're thinking too and I have no problem wearing them casually. I'm jelalous you can try them on! And thanks for the link to the local shop, its great to see what smaller places are doing around the world :slayer:

Oh and not related but i'd love to talk about Phillip Patterson - he's a NZ designer who's based in London and worked for maurizio altieri and CCP for a bit after graduating from CSM in 2010 but is now doing his own label. I first saw it last season and loved the fabrics but tried on a suit with cropped trousers from this season and it's absolutely amazing. It is this really nice green colour with small black check in the fabric. Unfortunately it's too dark at Eastern Market to take a good picture but I'll see if I can Saturday. He also does womenswear but it'd all gone by the time I got to go.

Anyway, it's impossible to find anything else out about him, so was wondering if anyone else knew anything?

15. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

I also wish to know more. His website is just an email address and a blank page! I'd love to see a collection or something.

+ will be in town soon to try on.

16. Guy Burgess

Matt - the new stuff is amazing. I'm probably buying the suit if I'm honest, just got to wait a little bit. Hoping it's still there when I can. Plus, there's a new thicker jacket that so reminds me of old Carpe Diem/Linea stuff - I think you'll really like it.

17. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

MMM GATs, laced or unlaced?

18. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Nice - I really need some cropped pants or shorts though, but I'll be looking the stuff up when I get into town.

I also have been enviously watching Archive uploads on IG, and I'll be popping in on a weekday to ACTUALLY catch them.

19. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

I've been curious about PR Patterson for a little while but don't know much about it either. Hostem carries it and has some pics. Can't find any place in NYC where I could have a look though (and haven't been interested enough to email). They do have some nice hats and outerwear.

20. Guy Burgess

thanks for that pickpack, I didnt know hostem had it. The way it is styled on their site is very different to how it looked on me when I've tried it in person. I didn't see any in NYC at IF or whatever but if you do get a chance to see it in person I'd recommend it as the fabrics are lovely.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.