• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last one I had bookmarked sold last week :(

For the peeps with the silent beanies from this or past season, did you tuck or take off the long tag? I'm looking at the seams and it looks like f I take out the seams that attach the elongated tag it may damage the integrity of the beanie (double layer cotton one). Hmmm.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
how long is the sweater?

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it goes to my knees

no bigd - it still looks awesome, just not with the one pair of pants i tried with so far

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bzilla got me wanting uc again

should go to west la and check **** out

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it goes to my knees

no bigd - it still looks awesome, just not with the one pair of pants i tried with so far

Related to this, are there any plebe brands that have long sweaters/shirts/tees? not as long as to the knees maybe, but well past the waist

DividedWay

Reaction score
I have been seriously disappointed in schneider's construction: after probably 10 wears with a belt, the belt hooks on my pants were falling off- and now, after maybe 15 wears, some of the seams are coming apart. It is sad, and I am unsure if this is a common problem, or jus a random occurrence.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a few weeks ago i asked about fingerless knit gloves and i purchased some barbour gloves but I don't like how long the fingers holes are on it. they go too far - i want something shorter. any recommendations for knit fingerless gloves in black or grey that have short finger holes...or, alternatively, an arm warmer? not looking to spend too much but not looking for something super cheap either. looking to spend less than $50, preferably ~$30.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

a few weeks ago i asked about fingerless knit gloves and i purchased some barbour gloves but I don't like how long the fingers holes are on it. they go too far - i want something shorter. any recommendations for knit fingerless gloves in black or grey that have short finger holes...or, alternatively, an arm warmer? not looking to spend too much but not looking for something super cheap either. looking to spend less than $50, preferably ~$30.

Marrkt has some Highland 2000 on "sale" at 15£.

2012_11_09_9999_34_1_1.jpg

2012_11_09_9999_40.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It feels like the new streetwear guy is about to offer me a mint julep.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where do you NYC/Brooklyn guys get you hair cut?

I havent cut my hair in two years, going in for a snip tomorrow. I always went to this one dude at Astor Hair, but in retrospect he wasn't that great.

Dickson's Hairshop on the LES is cool. But you have to book in advance because it's tiny and they fill up quick. I used to go there regularly. If you're in Williamsburg the Beehive is good. Staff is nice.

Those are on the pricier end. Well, not so pricy for NYC. They're like $40. It's not like going to Bumble&Bumble. Now I go to George's 2 in Park Slope because it's $12 and as long as I tell the guy everything to do it's just as good as any other spot I've been to.

Never liked Astor. Always felt like their top priority was getting you out of there as quickly as possible.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

man..my peir wu sweater is too long and my plokhov side panel pants are too short...shortening sweater should be ok but pants have barely any hem :( need high boots ! sometimes stuff only looks good in your head amirite

Go for the great silhouette presented at CdG (only really good show of the season):

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if fuuma is being sarcastic but I hope he is. I was really disappointed by the CdG show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads